4k only satellite service

I think a lot of the "so what" reactions to 4K are attributed to sources that are upconverted and/or are not shot with true 4K cameras. The Masters streamed in 4k this past spring was truly awesome and a definite difference from 1080i on my 65" LG OLED from 6' viewing

Reactions: charlesrshell
4K is just not worth the effort/expense. On Amazon and Netflix, can't tell the difference. There will be no OMG religious experience!

Yeah you can a difference in 4K but it always depends on the content and your TV. 4K movies looks really good but some look better than others depends on the studio. As far as streaming goes there are some things that look good on Netflix and Amazon but there are some really nice 4K videos on Youtube as well that you can really tell the difference as as well.

Yep. I believe it's the HDR and WCG that makes the difference, not the resolution. Now, if only everybody would agree to play by the same rules.

That's the wonderful thing about standards- there are so many of them!

Yep. I believe it's the HDR and WCG that makes the difference, not the resolution. Now, if only everybody would agree to play by the same rules.

That's the wonderful thing about standards- there are so many of them!
I tried HDR on the Phillips tv I had for a month last December. It made everything look very garish and unnatural in appearance. Between that and the brightness sensor keeping the picture to dark, no matter what I did, I ended up sending it back to Sears where I bought it. I then went to Walmart and bought a Vizio 4K hdtv with No HDR feature. I prefer the more stable colors with out the circus color look.

I tried HDR on the Phillips tv I had for a month last December. It made everything look very garish and unnatural in appearance. Between that and the brightness sensor keeping the picture to dark, no matter what I did, I ended up sending it back to Sears where I bought it. I then went to Walmart and bought a Vizio 4K hdtv with No HDR feature. I prefer the more stable colors with out the circus color look.

That's the problem. It's not HDR. It's that is isn't quite standardized and consistently implemented. Still a few bugs in the system.

Wouldn't it be great if someone offered a 4k only satellite service. Just like the old VOOM days

Except not one broadcaster ( Cable or OTA ) is offering their channels in 4K and there is not even rumors of them going 4K.

The future of 4K is already here and it is online, heck the only way you can get true 1080P from the channel providers is on their apps via devices like the Roku.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts