4K Playback issue on Hopper 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Start a regular show downloading then try the 4K show so it is number 2 in the que

This worked on my 16/.8 Dsl

Thanks for the tip. Just tried it and it still says Insufficient Bandwidth and won't let it download.

I have no doubt it doesn't work because even with 50/5 it takes awhile before you can watch it.
Yeah, Dish has some issues on download speed.

What ISP?

Either Dish is throttling and needs to work on their bandwidth management techniques, or the ISP is throttling.

I did some testing. Normally my Dish subnet is bandwidth limited to 16mpbs. Even when I gave it a full 75mbps, there are still issues. Download speed seems to max out in the 10-20mbps range, usually around 12mbps, HD or 4K. I'm on Comcast now, but saw the same throttling under ATT.

50/5 Time Warner Cable
Which should be more than enough for a live stream, but even on my 100/10 I can't do a live stream of 4K from Dish though I can from YouTube, Amazon and Netflix just fine. And some of YouTube is 60fps too!

IOW the problem isn't at your end...

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Yeah, there shouldn't be a problem. As long as you have a high speed hdmi cable you shouldn't have a problem. Non high speed cables have been obsolete for almost 10 years now, so that's honestly likely not the issue. It's hard to find those old, slow cables now.

Maybe try another 4K program? Make sure your hdmi cable is tight to both inputs, check settings. Plugin reset the hopper and tv. If problem persists, I'd try swapping cables or inputs in case of possible defective cable or hdmi input. I don't think that's likely because I don't think you would get a picture at all in that case. If all this fails, either the TV or Hopper 3 is likely defective and it's a matter of finding out which. The likely problem would be the Hdcp 2.2 protection failing on one end or the other.

Swapped out the HDMI cable with a brand new one. Everything works now in regards to viewing 4K content on the Hopper 3.

Thanks to everyone for your feedback - always helpful.

Yeah, there shouldn't be a problem. As long as you have a high speed hdmi cable you shouldn't have a problem. Non high speed cables have been obsolete for almost 10 years now, so that's honestly likely not the issue. It's hard to find those old, slow cables now.

Maybe try another 4K program? Make sure your hdmi cable is tight to both inputs, check settings. Plugin reset the hopper and tv. If problem persists, I'd try swapping cables or inputs in case of possible defective cable or hdmi input. I don't think that's likely because I don't think you would get a picture at all in that case. If all this fails, either the TV or Hopper 3 is likely defective and it's a matter of finding out which. The likely problem would be the Hdcp 2.2 protection failing on one end or the other.

Swapped out the HDMI cable with a brand new one. Everything works now in regards to viewing 4K content on the Hopper 3.

Thanks to everyone for your feedback - always helpful.

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
I tried a 4k show that was free. On a 4k joey hooked up to a 4K tv. Picture was nice but was not stunning. Picture just does not pop. I have 60 Download 5 upload. A little disappointed with the quality. The show was Suits.

I tried a 4k show that was free. On a 4k joey hooked up to a 4K tv. Picture was nice but was not stunning. Picture just does not pop. I have 60 Download 5 upload. A little disappointed with the quality. The show was Suits.

I've tried replacing my HDMI cables and still can't view 4K on demeans. I have 200 down and 20 up and get the insufficient message. I wonder if I should try replacing my Ethernet cable.

Just purchased a 4K TV and I'm trying to watch some Olympics on demand but I'm getting the same insufficient bandwidth message as others. I have a 60/5 connection and have no issues streaming Netflix, Youtube, Amazon 4K but for some reason I can't get Dish to download the 4K on-demand content. Any ideas?

Are you connecting by wifi or wired? If wired make sure you are not using a separate switch or hub. I had to remove a hub that was limiting the bandwidth.

Are you connecting by wifi or wired? If wired make sure you are not using a separate switch or hub. I had to remove a hub that was limiting the bandwidth.

I am using a wired connection. It is going through a switch because, well it has to in order to be able to have multiple wired devices. In any case, the switch is not limiting bandwidth as I am able to stream on other wired devices without issue and even stream Netflix and Youtube 4K on my TV which is running a wired connection as well.

This seems to be an issue with Dish somewhere as 60Mbit is more than enough bandwidth to stream/download 4K (at most you'd need around 30Mbit).

Isn't there a speed test/connection test on the Hopper menu somewhere? I'm wondering if I run that again if it will help. I don't remember exactly where it is, but I think I remember seeing it when the Hopper was installed. Anyone have any ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)