4K programming on Dish

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
Hey guys, I am waiting for my tech to call to schedule an install for my new Hopper 3 and 4k Joey. After 4 years being with Directv I am coming back to Dish and I am pretty excited! Since I'm sitting here anxiously waiting for my install I was looking on Dish.com and I can't seem to find any 4k Content. I know they don't have any live channels yet, but what about PPV or on demand. Is there anyplace on their site that I can search and find this stuff? If not maybe one of you with the Hopper installed can let me know what movies I can look forward to ordering once my 4k gets installed :)

Thanks!!!

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Hey guys, I am waiting for my tech to call to schedule an install for my new Hopper 3 and 4k Joey. After 4 years being with Directv I am coming back to Dish and I am pretty excited! Since I'm sitting here anxiously waiting for my install I was looking on Dish.com and I can't seem to find any 4k Content. I know they don't have any live channels yet, but what about PPV or on demand. Is there anyplace on their site that I can search and find this stuff? If not maybe one of you with the Hopper installed can let me know what movies I can look forward to ordering once my 4k gets installed :)

Thanks!!!

There are a few 4K VOD movies for $7.99. When Netflix is up and running there will be done content available there too.

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 18, 2008
what i heard that there will more 4k programming to dish real soon so be patent since 4k is brand new

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
I got one of the movies in 4K on Dish. Looked great but Dish must have been getting slammed because I couldn't stream it. Had to let it download. The 4K video they offer is at 24fps to keep the bandwidth needed on the low side of 4K.
Previously I had watched a few 4K videos from Netflix with no problem so I know I have plenty of bandwidth.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tampa8 and TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)