4K Programs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

n4uaj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 21, 2006
I have already seen on other sources that there will be no 4K for the Super Bowl so now I’m wondering about the Winter Olympics. So far the only outlet with a firm commitment seems to be Comcast. Directv and Dish are listed as possible but no commitment. Has anyone heard any different? Right now I can’t see going through the hassle of swapping rooms with the HR54 and the C61 4K mini for one channel of movie rentals when I can rent the same ones on VuDu or Fandango in 4KUHD for the same price as Directv and can only see NBA games in 4K with the league pass. I can’t see what’s on the full time 4K channel cause the guide says I can’t.

I have already seen on other sources that there will be no 4K for the Super Bowl so now I’m wondering about the Winter Olympics. So far the only outlet with a firm commitment seems to be Comcast. Directv and Dish are listed as possible but no commitment. Has anyone heard any different? Right now I can’t see going through the hassle of swapping rooms with the HR54 and the C61 4K mini for one channel of movie rentals when I can rent the same ones on VuDu or Fandango in 4KUHD for the same price as Directv and can only see NBA games in 4K with the league pass. I can’t see what’s on the full time 4K channel cause the guide says I can’t.
Comcast has 4k programming ?
I didn't know that ...

They do, it’s ip based though so you have to be in an area that their internet isn’t trash
So Comcast does NOT have 4k ...
If it has to be brought in over the internet, its not on thier Cable system.

As far as I know, D* is the only Non Streaming provider with 4k.

Theres all kinds of Streaming services you can use.

Comcast has 4k programming ?
I didn't know that ...
It was mentioned in one of the many articles I went through. Probably has a lot to do with Comcast and NBC being partners. I know I got the equipment to do it I just don’t know if it’s worth th hassle moving things around for one channel of programming especially if there’s no Olympic coverage available.

It was mentioned in one of the many articles I went through. Probably has a lot to do with Comcast and NBC being partners. I know I got the equipment to do it I just don’t know if it’s worth th hassle moving things around for one channel of programming especially if there’s no Olympic coverage available.
Now are we talking a 4k Streaming channel or is it actually on the Cable network side of things ?

Not in the US, maybe Japan or some other country that is more tech savvy than we are.

Now are we talking a 4k Streaming channel or is it actually on the Cable network side of things ?
It’s something in between.

It’s not a QAM delivered channel, like most of their other content. It’s restricted to customers using their X1 platform receivers, and it is delivered using their DOCSIS IP network with its own QoS queue similar to Xfinity Voice. It isn’t Internet streaming - these streams are not accessible outside of Comcast’s network.

It basically uses the same DOCSIS network as their Internet service, but only Comcast-owned receivers will get a DOCSIS profile pushed to them that will allow them to connect to the servers to get the 4k streams.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)