Status
Please reply by conversation.

n4uaj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 21, 2006
Just got a 4K Tv and a while back I was told I had 4K compatibility at no extra charge but the “main” DVR didn’t do it but both Genie units will. Am I correct in assuming I can just unplug the main DVR and move it to another room and take the mini and hook it to the 4K TV by only plugging it to power and hooking up the HDMI?

You need a C61k genie mini. Also need to make sure 4K is turned on for your account

You need a C61k genie mini. Also need to make sure 4K is turned on for your account

4K LG coming today. I have an HR44, HR24, and H24.

1. From the above I guess i need a C61k Mini. Is it charged as another box? If so, I guess I would ditch the H24?
2. Do they charge for 4K?
3. Can I install it myself? I am all Ethernet.
4. Is it even worth bothering? I think I read i must Upgrade to a much more expensive Plan and they only have three channels anyway?

Thanks.

The HR44 is not capable of 4K. You'll need an HR54 or an HS17.

If you go with the HS17 you'll need to go all in on clients. No receivers or DVRs are allowed.

This requires a professional install and you'll also get a new LNB as part of that.

If you're out of contract, this will start a new one so give DTV a call and start negotiating for discounts along with that contract.

CAll 1-800-824-9077 and ask for a 4K upgrade -Reminder Going to a HR54 will result in lost recording saved on the HR44 as they are married to the receiver and access card.

OK I have 2 c61 minis and the account has 4k activated (free). I just need to know if all I need to do is unplug everything from the back of the HR54 and move it to a room with a mini and plug it in there. The mini is simply power and HDMI. the HR54 has some other stuff in between the coax and I just wanna be sure I don't need all that to go with it to the other room.

Reactions: cpd5215
The HR54 has to be on the power passing port of the splitter.

How ever it is connected NOW - you will need the same at the new location - leave something behind and perhaps it won't work- see we can not see you from here - that's the best we have for now

fyi you have @ 50% chance of gaining sound drop outs and pixelization issues with a 4k upgrade

OK Upon further review, the HR54 in the Living Room only has power supply, coax and HDMI hooked to it. The mini in the bedroom close to the router has all the splitter, power thing and ethernet connections. The second mini in Bedroom 2 only has power, coax and HDM So I'm thinking if I just switch the Living Room and Bedroom 2, I should be good to maybe view whatever little 4K they got? Do y'all reckon the HR54 would ever get an upgrade that would allow it to output the 4K? Also I found out the Samsung TV has an RVU but if I am reading stuff right on the forums, the mini is more reliable.

OK Upon further review, the HR54 in the Living Room only has power supply, coax and HDMI hooked to it. The mini in the bedroom close to the router has all the splitter, power thing and ethernet connections. The second mini in Bedroom 2 only has power, coax and HDM So I'm thinking if I just switch the Living Room and Bedroom 2, I should be good to maybe view whatever little 4K they got? Do y'all reckon the HR54 would ever get an upgrade that would allow it to output the 4K? Also I found out the Samsung TV has an RVU but if I am reading stuff right on the forums, the mini is more reliable.

The hr54 has a HDMI port 1.4 so no 4K output - If your MINI's are C61Ks they have a HDMI port of 2.0 and are the only Directv receivers at this time that output 4K over HDMI -the get the recorded or live content from the HR54 over the DECA MOCO rg6 connection.

If the tv the hr54 is connected to is a 4K tv -then MOVE a C61K to any unused HDMI port on that TV (meaning) you will have to have a additional rg6 at location to connect the c61K - that can be done by adding a 2 port swm splitter to the rg6 location attached to the HR54 .

IF where they are NOW you have a 4K tv - then no need to move it unless just for comfort

Well I tried swapping out the locations. both the dvr and the mini only had power HDMI and coax. the mini saw the tv as 4k compatible but the hr54 couldn't find the satellite. Im now assuming the coax line coming into the living room is carrying the signal from the dish so until there is more than 3 potential channels of programing, I think I will just wait it out. Meanwhile I got plenty of 4K content with Netflix and Amazon and soon to have it with my iTunes movies when i get the new Apple TV. My son had the HS 17 installed in his house over the weekend and so far all I've seen on there is some HGTV type stuff and some goofy bunch flying drones.

the 54 is most likely supplying power to the lnb

you need to go to the splitter block and swap the coax there also

Well I tried swapping out the locations. both the dvr and the mini only had power HDMI and coax. the mini saw the tv as 4k compatible but the hr54 couldn't find the satellite. Im now assuming the coax line coming into the living room is carrying the signal from the dish so until there is more than 3 potential channels of programing, I think I will just wait it out. Meanwhile I got plenty of 4K content with Netflix and Amazon and soon to have it with my iTunes movies when i get the new Apple TV. My son had the HS 17 installed in his house over the weekend and so far all I've seen on there is some HGTV type stuff and some goofy bunch flying drones.

Where the New Location HR54 (RG6) is that needs to be connected to port (1) of the Splitter so it can power the LNB

Where the New Location HR54 (RG6) is that needs to be connected to port (1) of the Splitter so it can power the LNB
Maybe thats whats hooked to the other mini thats in the same bedroom as the modem and router.Coax comes out of the floor into a splitter. one out goes to the mini and the other goes to the little box with 3 green lights that the ethernet cable goes out to my router. So maybe if I move the HR54 to this location and take that mini to the 4K TV I might be in business?

Maybe thats whats hooked to the other mini thats in the same bedroom as the modem and router.Coax comes out of the floor into a splitter. one out goes to the mini and the other goes to the little box with 3 green lights that the ethernet cable goes out to my router. So maybe if I move the HR54 to this location and take that mini to the 4K TV I might be in business?

That Connection is a DECA DATA KIT Connection. SO your receiver can connect to the internet

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts