5/13/2009 3:58pm - Uplink Activity Report - 24 changes

Unlikely as the 4xxxx channels have been there for months...

The channels in the 4xxx range that have been there for months are the ones that have been turned on to the TurboHD customers already.

The 41XX and 42XX range are a bit suspicious, however. There are about 40 channels, all HD before today's additions. They correspond almost directly with the HD channels in the TurboHD packages that are currently available. The channels in this uplink report are exactly the channels that have been withheld from TurboHD and have caused all the uproar.

The channels in the 4xxx range that have been there for months are the ones that have been turned on to the TurboHD customers already.

The 41XX and 42XX range are a bit suspicious, however. There are about 40 channels, all HD before today's additions. They correspond almost directly with the HD channels in the TurboHD packages that are currently available. The channels in this uplink report are exactly the channels that have been withheld from TurboHD and have caused all the uproar.

FNC hd and FBN hd are not in this uplink report.

FNC hd and FBN hd are not in this uplink report.

FNC HD and FBN HD are already in the range. They are up at 4205 and 4206. This could indicate that this has nothing to do with the TurboHD packages, but I am still suspicious. It is possibly a question of changing some package flags on these two channels to allow them to be viewed.

Do TurboHD customers receive their channels by tuning to the 4xxx range ? I don't think so - AFAIK, no one knows anyone who can receive a 4xxx channel, which is why they are listed as "unknown availability" in www.dishchannelchart.com .

Do TurboHD customers receive their channels by tuning to the 4xxx range ? I don't think so - AFAIK, no one knows anyone who can receive a 4xxx channel, which is why they are listed as "unknown availability" in www.dishchannelchart.com .

I'm just speculating, of course. You are right that no one tunes to the channels to get TurboHD. I didn't express my thought very clearly. I meant to say that the channel names in the range correspond to the TurboHD channels. When coupled with the addition of the "missing" channels being added to the range in today's uplink report and the fact that Scott is telling us that DISH is working on a way to add these exact channels to TurboHD subscribers, I am speculating that this could all be tied together. If we see these channels in this range turned to available and if TurboHD customers can then see them, we might be able to get a clue about their "unknown availability". Or I may be totally off the wall, I'm just having fun speculating.