5.57 a gallon in alanta

Status
Not open for further replies.
dang folks filling up when they don't need to. It's just driving the price up more :(

Reality check...

I was just in Europe a couple of weeks ago and the gas prices were 1.32 Euros/liter. That is about $6/gallon as a regular price not a one-off spike in prices.

CDH.

CDH said:
Reality check...

I was just in Europe a couple of weeks ago and the gas prices were 1.32 Euros/liter. That is about $6/gallon as a regular price not a one-off spike in prices.

CDH.

At least a good portion of that price goes towards public transportation. In the USA all of our prices are just for gas and none of the money goes towards anything else. So 5.57 in the USA is like 9.00 in Europe if we both had money going into something else like public transportation.

CDH said:
Reality check...

CDH.

There are alot of taxes on the gas in Europe. It goes to Public transportation. Only pennies on the dollor of the state gas tax in the US goes to public transportation. Even less of the Federal tax money goes to public transportion.

CDH said:
Reality check...

CDH.

I dont really care how much gas costs in Europe. I care what the price is down the street. The price gouging going on today is pathetic. The gas in the tanks in the ground at these stations was put there days ago. The only reason prices got jacked up is because people want to make a quick buck.

Can't wait to see the oil companies earnings report for this quarter. Should be record profits yet again. Glad someone is getting rich on our suffering :mad:

HokieEngineer said:
I dont really care how much gas costs in Europe. I care what the price is down the street. The price gouging going on today is pathetic. The gas in the tanks in the ground at these stations was put there days ago. The only reason prices got jacked up is because people want to make a quick buck.

Can't wait to see the oil companies earnings report for this quarter. Should be record profits yet again. Glad someone is getting rich on our suffering :mad:

Yes gas prices are high in Europe (and almost everywhere else in the world) because of taxes, but what is going on today in the South (almost $5/gallon at some stations near me) is simple supply and demand. Spot prices on gas were hitting $3/gallon this afternoon and that is before taxes and distribution costs let alone profits.

Yes, oil companies have been making lots of $ lately, but if it makes you feel any better those with operations in the Gulf of Mexico will have taken a massive hit this week with many millions of dollars of damages.

CDH.

$3.08 at one corner, across the street $3.29 a gallon, supply and demand? Im not sure what Im going to do but I have to cancell some luxuries now such as internet access and not use the a/c to make sure that I can aford gas and other needs such as food, the cost of gas has gotten out of hand even before this hurricane came along and most of it is the fault of paranoid people in the stock market. I really have to wonder where gas prices would be at today if georgy sr. hadnt stuck his nose in iraq and georgy jr hadnt followed suit to make his daddy proud.

It's time for an alternative fuel source.

I wish I drove a diesel and had a house. I would make my own biodiesel.

Neutron said:
It's time for an alternative fuel source.

I wish I drove a diesel and had a house. I would make my own biodiesel.

I agree but people would rather ban gay marriage than vote in someone who would get rid of gas as we know it. People complain when the sh*t hits the fan but they create all their problems because they care about the stupidest things until they have something real to care about but when that time comes its nearly always too late because the demage has been done.

Glad I have a hybrid. Getting 32 miles to the gallon on my Lexus 400h. A tank lasts me 500 miles. Really nice. Driving home in Marietta the highest price I saw was $4.29. They have leveled off today to the $3.69 to $3.99 range. 3 stations were out of gas on the way home. I don't know why everyone had a knee jerk reaction here in Georgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)