5/8/2009 9:04am - Uplink Activity Report - 21 changes

Since it's went round and round here hundreds of times that the CSRs never know about these new channels until a few days later, here's a better idea for getting them to "re-hit" your smart card:

Tell them you're not getting (fill in here with an *old* channel that you have always gotten) anymore and it's telling you you don't subscribe.

Since it's went round and round here hundreds of times that the CSRs never know about these new channels until a few days later, here's a better idea for getting them to "re-hit" your smart card:

Tell them you're not getting (fill in here with an *old* channel that you have always gotten) anymore and it's telling you you don't subscribe.
Why lie? Try Tech Support. They seem to know about the channels. If that don't work use one of the automatic options(website, phone option).

I first went with a CSR after several tries and some time on hold he gave up and sent me to tech support.
He tried several times and he was not real sure that the new channels were if fact lit up but after he hit my VIP211 again they are finlay there.
The CSR was not in the USA but the tech guy was, at least he spoke like english was his first language.
After I ran a check switch and it downloaded a updated EPG the new channels were mapped down and I don't have to have the 9000 range in my guide.

So, nobody with the Turbo HD packages are getting Speed HD or FX HD? If anyone with a Turbo HD package IS getting Speed HD or FX HD, please speak up.

And further, is it true that those with Absolute have gotten the same HD channels in 2009 that those with Turbo HD have gotten? (with the exception that Absolute folks are getting the HD channels in that are in Platinum, which the Turbo HD folks are not, unless they also subcribe to Platinum)

Trying to figure out if those with Turbo HD have gotten any HD channels that those with Absolute have not...thus ultimately trying to figure out the likelihood of Absolute getting Speed, FX, Nick, etc if/when E* ever adds those to Turbo HD...

Is it possible that the reason the Fox HD Channels aren't being added to TURBO HD is that it is part of the agreement with Fox to get the channels on Dish?

Is it possible that the reason the Fox HD Channels aren't being added to TURBO HD is that it is part of the agreement with Fox to get the channels on Dish?

Yes, you must have a bundle fox channels like silver package to add Speed HD. It is not available on Silver TurboHD alone. Don't blame Dish, blame Fox station. Fox wants more money from customers.

So, nobody with the Turbo HD packages are getting Speed HD or FX HD? If anyone with a Turbo HD package IS getting Speed HD or FX HD, please speak up.

And further, is it true that those with Absolute have gotten the same HD channels in 2009 that those with Turbo HD have gotten? (with the exception that Absolute folks are getting the HD channels in that are in Platinum, which the Turbo HD folks are not, unless they also subcribe to Platinum)

Trying to figure out if those with Turbo HD have gotten any HD channels that those with Absolute have not...thus ultimately trying to figure out the likelihood of Absolute getting Speed, FX, Nick, etc if/when E* ever adds those to Turbo HD...

Fitz, I have Absolute and as near as I can figure I have every HD channel Dish offers EXCEPT:

FOXB, FOXNWS, NICK, VH1, MTV, FX, SPEED and BET.

As near as I can tell no Turbo package has these 8 channels either so I think it is safe to assume that Absolute will get Speed, FX, Nick, etc if/when E* ever adds those to Turbo HD. It seems that Absolute is the same as Turbo Gold + Platimium and without Encore and Local Sports channel.

If someone has it different, I'm listening.

Fitz, I have Absolute and as near as I can figure I have every HD channel Dish offers EXCEPT:

As near as I can tell no Turbo package has these 8 channels either so I think it is safe to assume that Absolute will get Speed, FX, Nick, etc if/when E* ever adds those to Turbo HD. It seems that Absolute is the same as Turbo Gold + Platimium and without Encore and Local Sports channel.

that's what I just saw on my system a few minutes ago. further, Speed and FX are not downmapped to the lower channel numbers, but if I scroll to the 9xxx channel numbers I see those above in red.

I'd love to get Speed in HD for better F1 coverage (right now I just watch on free apartment analog cable, it looks terrible), but I'm not going to switch plans for a long, long time

Made a quick call to Tech Support and I am now watching Speed HD! Sweetness. Thanks for the heads up!!

I know you said it at the end, but your list at first left Encore out...

And if you live in the west you can't get that Big10 Channel, as far as I understand. So you (and everyone else with Absolute HD) are doing quite well. Too bad they keep adding the crappier channels to the Turbo/Absolute packages instead of the ones you listed.

I'd watch Fox, Nick, FX and maybe Speed if I got them, but I don't watch Logo, BETJ, FTV and a couple others added.

I called Dish an hour or so ago and talked to a CSR, same experience as most I've read here. The CSR was not aware that Speed HD and FX HD (or BET HD) had been activated, but said he would do a reauthorization when I told him they showed up in my guide in red. He commented that some receivers needed the reauthorization just like when HD was first authorized. While we were still talking, the channels showed up. So now I've gotten about 10 new channels in the last 2 weeks, including the one I really was waiting for (Speed hd). I guess the next three on my wish list will be ESPNU, Outdoor Channel, and TCM (whenever it goes HD). From a quick check of the picture quality on the new channels it seems to be good, especially Speed HD.

Regards, Fitzie

just wondering why when I have two dish setup with the sec pointed at 61.5 I dont see the channels in the 5300 range. For example logo I see only at 373.

No FX or Speed HD here either. Were showing red in the 94xx range. Called, and when the computer asks what it can help with said "error message". Then asks if you want to try a couple of troubleshooting steps, say "YES". It will then look up your info and ask for the error code. Said "014". Computer asks if it's a channel you normally receive, say "YES". It will then ask what receiver you're getting the error on. After that it will send the rehit. All in all much less painful than talking to a CSR.

No FX or Speed HD here either. Were showing red in the 94xx range. Called, and when the computer asks what it can help with said "error message". Then asks if you want to try a couple of troubleshooting steps, say "YES". It will then look up your info and ask for the error code. Said "014". Computer asks if it's a channel you normally receive, say "YES". It will then ask what receiver you're getting the error on. After that it will send the rehit. All in all much less painful than talking to a CSR.

Which phone # did you call?

Called (1-800-333-DISH), and when the computer asks what it can help with said "error message". Then asks if you want to try a couple of troubleshooting steps, say "YES". It will then look up your info and ask for the error code. Said "014". Computer asks if it's a channel you normally receive, say "YES". It will then ask what receiver you're getting the error on. After that it will send the rehit. All in all much less painful than talking to a CSR.

Thanks JayStil - this worked like a charm and saved me from hassling with a CSR!

Thank God they turned on SpeedHD... finally!! Now I don't have to read all the posts about when we're going to get it. :):D:p

NOW... since I'm somewhat indirectly connected to the gaming industry.....
When the heck are we going to get G4HD????!!!!! ;):D

I want to see those Game Trailers in HD!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)