$5 fee for additional Receiver

woodbry

Original poster
Mar 29, 2007
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Quick Question. Will Dish charge me the $5 fee for an additional receiver if I supply my own receiver? I am thinking about purchasing my own receiver. With the $5 fee costing $65 per year I can buy one for about the same price and return the leased receiver I have. Thanks for the info.

Quick Question. Will Dish charge me the $5 fee for an additional receiver if I supply my own receiver? I am thinking about purchasing my own receiver. With the $5 fee costing $65 per year I can buy one for about the same price and return the leased receiver I have. Thanks for the info.

I changed to the HD Only package a couple of months ago and turned in my 510 DVR (SD) and hooked up a second tv to my leased 622 DVR. The additional receiver charge was dropped from my billing. I have also been using a second SD receiver which is a free Dish replacement for an older (owned) SD receiver that Dish no longer supports in its system, for a 3rd tv.

So I am currently using 2 receivers and am not being charged the $5 additional receiver fee. I don't know if this is Dish policy on owned receivers or just an error in their billing...

sounds like an error on their part. I've always owned all my stuff, anytime I had more than one receiver active there was the fee.

It doesn't really make financial sense to own your own receiver anymore - unless you can one day sell it and recoup a good portion of your cost.

I changed to the HD Only package a couple of months ago and turned in my 510 DVR (SD) and hooked up a second tv to my leased 622 DVR. The additional receiver charge was dropped from my billing. I have also been using a second SD receiver which is a free Dish replacement for an older (owned) SD receiver that Dish no longer supports in its system, for a 3rd tv.

So I am currently using 2 receivers and am not being charged the $5 additional receiver fee. I don't know if this is Dish policy on owned receivers or just an error in their billing...

If you give me the Roo number of the receiver in error. I can correct the error for you.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)