5 LNB Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Our current 3 LNB dish is located on a six foot mast on top of our roof stablized with a tripod. Works great no movement. Will there be a problem installing the new 5 LNB dish this way? I downloaded the instructions for installation and it doesn't mention that particular installation method and I know that the 5 LNB is quite a bit heavier. Any thoughts? Pat

You would have to replace your pole that the dish is installed on. The new dish requires a 2" pole. I think the 3LNB was only a 1 5/8".

Thanks for all the replies......Now which one of you wants to carry it up on the roof for me????????????

Thanks again, Pat

its not quite as bad as it sounds........even though the house is 3 stories tall there is a balcony off the top floor that accesses the roof pretty easily Its just that when you look down you are 3 stories off the ground. I don't like it much, but most of the installers are okay with it.

Ours is high, but quite flat (well at least where the dish is, the other part is almost an "A" Frame)...........you wouldn't catch me on a high pitch one either........

Status
Please reply by conversation.