5 LNB Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hauser

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
Ok, hopefully someone can answer this.

A couple weeks ago I had a problem not receiving all of the new HD channels, but only on one of my 3 TVs. I had a tech come out, he determined it was the HR20 so he was indicating on the work order that I needed a replacement HR20. He told me to call and have them expedite. AND, he said, while I have them on the line, order a dish upgrade.

I said that I already had a 5lnb and that it was about 1 1/2 yrs old. He said it needed to be upgraded. So, I called and asked DTV if I needed an upgrade, even though I already had the first issue 5lnb dish. They said it would be a good idea, so I requested a dish upgrade.

In the meantime, betwen me and protetection plan people, we determined it wasn't the receiver problem so they added to the upgrade order for the tech to check all connections.

The guy arrived today, and found that there was a diplexer that was causing the lack of HD channels, but told me I didn't need a dish upgrade because I already had a 5lnb and there was no difference between the one that I have and the slimline. He said they are both KA KU dishes. (are they? Are all 5lnb dishes KA KUs?)

Can someone tell me if there is a difference, and do I need to upgrade or not. I will be calling DTV again as well. I could have sworn that they told me that there was something that the new 5lnb did that the old one didn't, but the tech said they both do the same thing and that if they didn't, they wouldn't still be installing ones like I currently have.

Thanks in advance.

Both dishes do the same thing. The only issue would be if one of the LNBs on your current dish would need replaced the tech may not have it, in which case your dish would be replaced with the slimline.

I had half my transponders go out of my 5LNB (Old Style) dish and the tech replaced it with a Slimline also.He said D* is phasing out the older 2 part LNB dishes and when a problem is found their instructed to replace the whole thing with the Slimline rather than repair.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)