5 LNB Install Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drwindmill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 16, 2005
Today, I took down my parents 3 LNB installed dish and installed a AT9. Using a birddog finder I cannot find 101. I know exactly where 110 is as I have hit it several times. I just can't hit 101. Is there anything simple that I am doing wrong? Is 101 west of 110?

Thanks

a Frustrated drwindmill

Today, I took down my parents 3 LNB installed dish and installed a AT9. Using a birddog finder I cannot find 101. I know exactly where 110 is as I have hit it several times. I just can't hit 101. Is there anything simple that I am doing wrong? Is 101 west of 110?

Thanks

a Frustrated drwindmill

No, it is east. If you are east of Texas, then it is also slightly higher. If you are west, it is slightly lower.

Okay guys, bear with me I am 5 LNB rookie. I now when up another 8-10 feet on the antenna tower with this big honking dish and now can get 101 at a strong signal. I also can get my local feed in HD, but this is it. No channels in the 70's besides channel 77. Basically my meter says nothing on 119 or 110 w/ 72.5 being extremely high. Any pointers would really help. Thanks

DRWINDMILL

I'm in Green Bay. My slimline 5 LNB dish faces south/southeast. It faces more south though then anything. When I help my buddy install his, we didn't use a meter. I stood inside and turned the signal meter on the receiver to 101 transponder 1 and he stayed on the roof. I called his cell phone and just basicly kept reading the signal until we got locked in at 94% on a cloudy day.

Hope this helps.

Well if they had a 3 lnb dish before then its not a LOS issue, at least if you put it in the same area.

For the people that just put it on TSP 1 and call your buddy on the phone is not the greatest idea. The best way to elplain how it works is this. Imagine a circle the size of a basketball. Anywhere inside that circle is a peak signal from the 101.

Now imagine a circle the size of a baseball. Anywhere inside of that is the peak signal for the new sats. So what you really have to do is find the center of the 101 to be in the center of the new 99/103 sats. Thats why there are fine adjustments and dithering on the azel cap.

Okay guys, bear with me I am 5 LNB rookie. I now when up another 8-10 feet on the antenna tower with this big honking dish and now can get 101 at a strong signal. I also can get my local feed in HD, but this is it. No channels in the 70's besides channel 77. Basically my meter says nothing on 119 or 110 w/ 72.5 being extremely high. Any pointers would really help. Thanks

My guess would be that either the mast isn't plumb or your elevation/skew settings are off.

I'm having a very difficult time even finding a signal with my new dish. I've double and triple checked that the mast is plumb. I'm in area code 06109 and my tilt is 56, elvation is 29 and my azimuth is 234. I installed my new 5lnb dish very close to my old 3lnb and I can find a signal instantly on my old dish and get a very strong signal on 101 and 110 and 119.

Can you install the new 5lnb using any reciever or does it have to be a new reciever? I've tried three seperate time and no luck I always get 0 signal. Could the lnbs be shot?

You should use a new HD receiver to point your 5 LNB dish. The settings you get from the older receivers using the Triple sat dish point to the 110 sat. The 5 LNB settings are different since you point it at the 101 sat.

I'm having a very difficult time even finding a signal with my new dish. I've double and triple checked that the mast is plumb. I'm in area code 06109 and my tilt is 56, elvation is 29 and my azimuth is 234. I installed my new 5lnb dish very close to my old 3lnb and I can find a signal instantly on my old dish and get a very strong signal on 101 and 110 and 119.

Can you install the new 5lnb using any reciever or does it have to be a new reciever? I've tried three seperate time and no luck I always get 0 signal. Could the lnbs be shot?

You do know the 5 lnb dish points to the 101 sat, not 110, yes?

Can anyone let me the correct azimuth, tilt, and elevation for area code 06109 for the slimline dish. I haven't received my new HD DVR yet but I wanted to a least get the dish setup before hand. ( I know I can't tune in the new sat. but I can at least get it started.) Thanks for your help.

Can anyone let me the correct azimuth, tilt, and elevation for area code 06109 for the slimline dish. I haven't received my new HD DVR yet but I wanted to a least get the dish setup before hand. ( I know I can't tune in the new sat. but I can at least get it started.) Thanks for your help.

The azimuth is 233, elevation is 34, and the tilt is 62. You did see my post about pointing at 101 for the 5 lnb dish, yes?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts