HR20 alternate source

Status
Please reply by conversation.

swampman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
South Louisiana
I currently have the HR 20-700 and I am curious as to wether or not it will accept a secondary source. For example I have an FTA setup at home with a Coolsat receiver. Is there a way to record programming from the Coolsat onto the HR20? I know at one time that certain Tivo models allowed for that.

I suppose you could modulate the output of the FTA receiver to a VHF channel and record that. Do they even make modulators that output ATSC?

I currently have the HR 20-700 and I am curious as to wether or not it will accept a secondary source. For example I have an FTA setup at home with a Coolsat receiver. Is there a way to record programming from the Coolsat onto the HR20? I know at one time that certain Tivo models allowed for that.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but why not just run the cable directly into the HR20 rather than into the separate receiver? Is FTA different than OTA and I'm just showing my ignorance here?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but why not just run the cable directly into the HR20 rather than into the separate receiver? Is FTA different than OTA and I'm just showing my ignorance here?

Yes, you are, sorry. FTA is free to air, or unencrypted channels from satellites other than the D* ones. There are lots of free channels out there, just not the ones that most of us watch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)