From DIRECTV - Alternate ways to watch the Super Bowl Tonight

Hell a bird flies over the dish and farts it goes out
Not me, my directv is more reliable. but if weather changes drastically the docsis goes out for 2 hours

Like when it snowed a few weeks ago ..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Are you at home, on home wifi ?

I think the app only has O&O local stations when away from home like im major markets

Since I only have HR-24's I don't think that makes a difference. App on phone goes by GPS and they don't carry my market's locals on streaming...

Heh, I've never had fiber go out. Even during the 2021 winter storm.
U just said fiber... same when I had FTTH in another location....0 issues even in 30 inches of snow...

We getting off topic but I hate docsis ...

Back to Directv... had no issues during the game tonight..

This is probably normal but I did notice the Universo (410) feed was 8 seconds ahead of my local NBC feed (wavy 10 Norfolk VA) via D*

• Angry
Reactions: harshness
Since I only have HR-24's I don't think that makes a difference. App on phone goes by GPS and they don't carry my market's locals on streaming...
So with me , when I'm on my home wifi I get my locals on the app. But if im off my home wifi, (on LTE, or away from home ) I don't get my locals

But if I travel to a big market like DC, ATL etc... some locals show up... I believe the are O&O stations

Hr 24 has an ethernet in the back so the being on your local network theory may apply .. idk ...

Doesn't that cost a million dollars to buy the dish ..

Hopefully vzw 5G comes its across the main road just like fios is ...

600 for the dish and modem and 99.00 a month for 200 mbps. Don't look at the premiun service that dish and modem is 2500 and 500 a month for 500 mbps a ripoff. When I had docis it never went down only for maintenance that's it. Ide rather pay verizon 15.00 for a 5G ultra wideband connection than 100 bucks for gig service from spectrum. My other pad don't have 5G ultra wide band yet.

Reactions: dtv757
600 for the dish and modem and 99.00 a month for 200 mbps. Don't look at the premiun service that dish and modem is 2500 and 500 a month for 500 mbps a ripoff. When I had docis it never went down only for maintenance that's it. Ide rather pay verizon 15.00 for a 5G ultra wideband connection than 100 bucks for gig service from spectrum. My other pad don't have 5G ultra wide band yet.
So, how FAST is 5G thru Verizon ?
That is an option for me soon, my neighbors went to the TMobile set up a few years ago, it was MUCH cheaper than the local Cable System Internet.

That said, I don't know what thier speeds were.

Are data caps a thing of the past with these new 5G plans ? (isn't everyone going to Unlimited as the norm ?)

As for the Directv side of things, I rarely ever have signal drop ... we had 12+ inches of snow a few weeks back and no interruption ... and that included a portion of the WET snow, which is normally when you would have issues.

For us 1st day was all wet snow, 2nd day was fluffy snow.

That is an option for me soon, my neighbors went to the TMobile set up a few years ago, it was MUCH cheaper than the local Cable System Internet.

Are data caps a thing of the past with these new 5G plans ? (isn't everyone going to Unlimited as the norm ?)

As for the Directv side of things, I rarely ever have signal drop ... we had 12+ inches of snow a few weeks back and no interruption ... and that included a portion of the WET snow, which is normally when you would have issues.

Someone posted this speed at the stadium during 3rd quarter. Not bad with 70k ppl bit I know they add a lot of extra capacity at the stadium .

View: https://twitter.com/cristianoamon/status/1493053468432502785?t=RBEAwa6uCOepULGtuZbkNg&s=19

I watched the Super Bowl on my TVs tuner with off air antenna. Picture was noticeably better than through DirecTV and I get all kinds of random drop outs and freezing on DTV lately and my system is in good shape and signal strengths are fine. DTV reception is nothing like the old days when it was just shy of perfect. I blame that on DTV taking away all the live people looking for problems in the broadcasts and leaving it to automated equipment that can't catch all the problems. Thanks DirecTV, thanks a lot.
I didn't have any breakups...

My local station had issues 3 weeks ago when my area had snow ... the gb vs sf game , and even fios users had issues that's how I know it was the local station and not D* ... also that day didn't have any issues on the spanish fox deportes feed...

This is what I do when it snows...

IMG_7164.jpg

been hitting 4 GBPS down on my phone with 700 MBPS up same with my jet pack. there are no data caps on verizons 5G ultra wide band system but there are data caps on there nation wide 5G wich isnt any better than there LTE service sometimes it's worse than there LTE service!!! eveyone's not going unlimited AT&T AND T MOBILE are still gonna throttle there 5G high speed data!!! where's verizons ultra wide band is truly unlimited!!! last time checked on the site the home modem and router setup was 50.00 if your a verizon customer and 70.00 if you wern't a verizon customer that's taxes and fee's modem and router rental included. plus they gave you a bunch of freebies as well. i will have to relook at the website again.. i hear the home modem is faster to!!!

Verizon 5G is a joke here in Texas. The map looks like Sprint's "PCS" map in 1998!

I get around 600mbps with T-Mobile's 5G and around 100mbps with AT&T's 5G.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts