5 Minute PocketDISH informercial placed on my 622, 942

PocketDish recording just showed up on my 942

I looked around and didn't see any other posts about this...

but I turned on my 942 last night to find a five-minute DVR recording about PocketDish. I am sure I didn't set a timer for this....is this some new great feature where Dish forces recorded programs down to my receiver? I know about VOD, but I didn't think that was on the 942.

Any info?

In all the years I've been with Dish, this is only the third time that I recall them doing this.

navychop said:
In all the years I've been with Dish, this is only the third time that I recall them doing this.
Tivo does it all the time, they even have a special folder for ads. If that product is mentioned in a commercial on a TV show, the tivo will ask you if you want to learn more and show you the promo.

Mine recorded from 101 DNFYI on Wed 7/19 at 2:20AM.
I don't have Channel 101 locked out, but this recording had a lock on it requiring me to enter a password to delete it.

I thought that it might be good to take on the road with the kids, but the quality of this recorded commercial was so poor - particularly the man's voice, that I would have doubts about the quality of such a device.

Maybe they could re-send it to me!:rolleyes:

"... Tivo does it all the time..."

That's one of the reasons I hate Tivo. That, and their tracking your viewing, and their slow speed, and........

Infomercial on 622?

Just checked my recordings on my 622 and lo and behold there was a 5 minute Pocket DISH infomercial on it. What's going on? Is this just the beginning of more commercials for service I am paying for, or is DISH going to be free soon?

Rexorg said:
Not old to me. If E* keeps this crap up they are going to lose another customer to D*. I hope Charlie and Crew gets the message loud and clear that I am paying for service and not infomercials!!!

They aren't forcing you to watch it and it isn't taking up room on your DVR. Just hit the delete button.

Slamminc11 said:
They aren't forcing you to watch it and it isn't taking up room on your DVR. Just hit the delete button.

Yes, they are forcing me to watch it. Since I've had E* I've been under their control day and night. What do you think those 3 AM downloads are for? They are sending information to control me into watching whatever they want. I keep hearing the voices of Charlie and Jim in my head telling me I need more and more E* programming (except HD locals which are coming later this fall) and new receivers and the Pocket DISH. I can't help myself. I am just a puppet. :eek:

Rexorg said:
Not old to me. If E* keeps this crap up they are going to lose another customer to D*. I hope Charlie and Crew gets the message loud and clear that I am paying for service and not infomercials!!!
Just so you are aware DTV does this daily. If I hit my TiVo button there is always a yellow star infomercial. I plan on switching to Dish this month and I hope the PQ is as good as I read here, DTV has gone way down since Rupert took over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)