"No info" on EPG on 811

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
OK...I've had this 811 for 4 days now and its really bugging me.

I have the nice 44hr guide...then I flip to a digital OTA channel for even 10 minutes and when I go back to satellite I get "No INfo" on guide and it freezes up. So I so a reset.

Someone said to always leave it on a satellite channel when you turn it off. Well last night I left it on 101 and today when I hit guide I still get "no info". I turned unit on. It was on 101. For fun I went to 213 and hit guide and I get no info

Is this normal that every time I go to a OTA for a while I'll have to do a reset to get the guide back?
(the box isn't activated yet so I don't know if that makes any difference)

This has been a bug that has been fixed depending on what software versions you've gone through. I don't really now how to fix it, but I've gotten rid of it. Try doing pulling the plug on the receiver the next time the no info comes up

doubt it. I want the box to work at least

The guide for the current program and the next program is in there. Just like my old 5000 :)

Drink the kool-aid :) The ViP622 and ViP211 are the only E* HD receivers. The rest of them are just a bad dream you shall awake from shortly

Pepper said:
Drink the kool-aid :) The ViP622 and ViP211 are the only E* HD receivers. The rest of them are just a bad dream you shall awake from shortly

But the 622 and 211 will be "Nightmares" soon !!!:eek:

Never could get my 811 to behave right............tried all the little fixes. They may work for a short period,but those Bugs smartin up and go thru their Act again !!

You'll get use to it Iceberg !!!! :D

Exactly the 811 was a fine receiver for a while, then there was a period where dish screwed up the receiver with their sh!tty program. They did more harm to the receiver than good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)