5 Orbital Positions Question

elbizarro

Original poster
May 15, 2004
Sorry Guys but couldn't find any Answers.

I have a 105 Super Dish and 2 Other Dishes for say 61.5 and 129..

Although I only have the Super Dish for 105/110/119 Setup..

Tried the DPP44 and the DP21 5 Satellite Option by Hooking up the DP21 Input 1 to the DPP44 Switch and the other currently Disconnected..

All I get is 4 Inputs..

It seems to see through the DP21 Switch.

So the Question is.. before I install these other Dishes How do I configure the 5 Sat Solution ?..

Any help would be greatfully received..

El..

which receiver do you have ?? also, be sure it has the latest software. otherwise, i'd say your DP21 is bad.

when you connect the DP21 to the DPP44 make sure it's connected on the receiver side of the power inserter or you may have fried the DP21

Many thanks for your reply.

Well I got a Spare 301 Floating around and Also The Power Inserter in NOT Present..

Yet it still Works..

Go Figure..

El..

Yeah - DPP44 without power inserter is iffy at best.

Anyway, from your first post, it seems to be acting correctly - you're not gonna see a fifth bird until you have a fifth bird.

ok.. The Reason I posted is that with the DPP44 Switch the Sat Shows 4 Positions.. 119/110/105/ NC

I was hoping to get 119/110/105/NC/NC

So I thought that maybe I had a problem..

Many thanks to All for your Help..

Mem..

Make sure that the fss lnbf coax is going to sat port 4 on the dpp44 to avoid any signal issue's that will arise. Im curious though as to why you would want a 5 sat configuration?

Van said:
Im curious though as to why you would want a 5 sat configuration?
I've got four at the moment. 110/119=core, 148=CBS-HD (and if I was 3 miles west of here, Denver locals), 61.5=Voom.

So, let's hypothesize a max. config. 110/119=core, 121=I'nat'l, 105=locals, 61.5 or 129=Voom, 148=CBS-HD. That's six.

BobaBird said:
And they have yet to say what 77, 85, 118.7, 157 and 175 will be used for when and if they get authorization and/or a satellite in place.

175 ?? thats an asian slot. The only place it's really visable is in Hawaii, anywhere else it's 12 deg or lower from the horizon - very difficult to aim.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)