5+ Plus SAT positions via DP

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HDTVFanAtic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2005
I have been told over and over that to see 5+ satellites, you must use DP Equipment. I get it.

However, if you use DP Equipment with 5(or more) birds and run it into a 6000 (with the necessary adapters), which 4 birds does a 6000 see?

6000 and DP pretty hard coexist; it will not go after 4 slots; I would say first 4 from 5 total, at least I saw 4 using SW64+SW21 old days, 119/110/148 and 129 ( not HD )

Yes, I have 4 with my SW64/SW21 combination on my 6000s now.

My question is simple.

If I go DP (if Smith, P. can figure out how to make a DP for a toroidal) I would go to 5 positions (somehow - however its done) adding 61.5 to mix. My question is which of the 4 would the 6000 see?

And better yet, how do I add in a 5th position to a DP system?

4xDPs to DPP44 then DP21 will combine one output from DPP44 and 5th DP to _one_ receiver
I would say your 6000 ( after other DP-legacy adapter) will see first 4 sats from DPP44; and will be waist of DP21 and DP adapter, because DPP44 respond to 6000 as legacy SW64+SW21

Smith is right, the legacy receivers see a SW21/SW64 cascade when they look at a DPP44. This is the most complex switch combo that is supported by legacy software. There is no legacy equivalent of a DP21/DPP44 combo so it either will see the first four or more likely some invalid combination. Note that to even try the DP21/DPP44 combo you would need a legacy adapter as well.

So inserting a DP21 on the output of the switch is the only way to get 5 positions?

That's a non-starter! I have that in legacy mode and its not what I want or need.

Any word on a switch with at least 5 orbital position to replace the DP44?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts