$5 programming downgrade/upgrade fee now enforced

From what I've heard Dish is no longer waiving fees. Too many CSRs were waiving them. I honestly see no big deal about paying it. Everyone knows there is a $5 downgrade fee. It's been there for years. I would consider yourself lucky that they even did it for you.

To me this is just another unnecessary complaint thread. This is just my opinion though.

You are correct. CRS/TSR can no longer waive fee's. Just one $5 fee can get us fired. Dish is no enforcing all fees/charges. Which can all be found in the service agreement/contract.

it depends on who you talk to about the $5.00. nice people will give you goodies, bad people want every penny.

maybe, next year, the price is $10.00 for each downgrade.
dont give chuck any ideas.

imagine a 50 buck fee to cancel if your out of contract, 15 bucks per receiver to return equiptement, and a 10 buck charge any time you call and talk to a CSR:(

I have done the same canceled FOX Soccer Plus last day of the season. I have been charged $5 to downgrade the programming which is something I did online.

FOX Soccer + is ala carte so shouldn't I be able to have it when I want it and not pay $5 everytime.

Maybe I should ask where the $5 goes too?

If someone was going to downgrade one thing but thinking about downgrading something else as well, this will convince some to just go ahead and do a full blown downgrade all at once instead of hesitationg to do it.

I do believe that DISH should wave this fee ONCE per year.

Example ... I may have HBO now, but my favorite show is leaving and there is nothing for me to watch on HBO. Why charge me to change?

I don't EVER see a fee for upgrading... THEY WANT YOU TO UPGRADE. :)

This is what it says on the Dish website:

PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Transaction fee of $5.00 may apply when programming is removed. Transaction fee of $20.00 will be applied whenever adult programming changes are saved.

---
From this wording, it is $5 to downgrade regular programming and $20 to change adult programming. Does this mean adding PB channel will cost $20 and then another $20 to remove it?

They specifically say change not remove.

Last edited:
Dish did not charge me the $5 to remove platinum when I went HD for life? They also told me the Cinemax for 1c would be free. Im guessing when I call and cancel in August this would have been a lie

If you don't like the $5 fee, then don't add/subtract programming.....you know about it...so stop complaining. If you don't like it go elsewhere.

max for a penny

Dish did not charge me the $5 to remove platinum when I went HD for life? They also told me the Cinemax for 1c would be free. Im guessing when I call and cancel in August this would have been a lie

Max for a penny is a promotion so isn't considered as changing your programming. It's just dropping a promotion that is no longer available. :)

I don't care about the 5 dollars, what I don't like is they don't let you downgrade programming online more then once every 12 months.

I know what I want to do, but doing it online would be hassle free.

Well, the downgrade fee is in their residential subscriber agreement which is agreed to when the service is installed. DISH doesn't make anyone pay $15 to return a receiver after cancelling, they charge $15 for using their shipping label. You don't have to pay that fee, you can pay UPS or FedEX directly to send the receiver back. If you're quitting, why should DISH spend money on you? If you are costing the company money in the form of having a human being staffed because of your programming change, why shouldn't you pay some of that staffing expense? That employee is getting paid by DISH and DISH is getting paid by you. Either in the form of a fee for a specific transaction or a higher bill that factors in the labor costs of call centers staffed for programming changes.

Echostar 14

Reception outside a spotbeam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)