5 Recievers Hookup

Abby

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2004
How do you hook up 5 dish recievers. Is it the same as dtv. What kind of switch do I need.

Help please

There are many ways depending on were you live.

You can get DPP equipment and have 3 recievers that will work all 5 TV's and use something like a DPP44 switch or you can have a reciever in each room and use 2 DP34 switchs cascaded together.

What type of dish will you be using do you know? This will help more.

wow. I have in my house DTV. I did a major install myself. But the dishnetwork is my friends. I know nothing about it. I was just trying to help him out. I thought it might be a lot like DTV. All I know is he has 4 irds hookup now. He wants to add a 5th. I can only find 1 of the 4 hookups. Can I just add a switch to that line?

Abby said:
wow. I have in my house DTV. I did a major install myself. But the dishnetwork is my friends. I know nothing about it. I was just trying to help him out. I thought it might be a lot like DTV. All I know is he has 4 irds hookup now. He wants to add a 5th. I can only find 1 of the 4 hookups. Can I just add a switch to that line?

no, you cannot just "add a switch" into any line. Dish Network is a little more complicated than Direct. First you need to figure out what style of equipment he has... DishPro, Legacy, or DishProPlus... also finding out what model receivers might be good to know.
The ideal setup would be if he already has DishPro epuipment with either a Quad or a DP34 switch... with either setup he could just buy a DP34 switch and cascade it into the exsisting setup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts