5 sat setup revisited

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jmccurrytech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
Gastonia, NC
I currently have a 5 sat setup with 129/119/118/110/61.5
129 -- HD
110/119 -- AAD Distants
118 -- Eurochannel
61.5 -- because I can and for additional RSN's :)

I'm wanting to "move" to a city that's on 77 for a while, mainly because of some NCAA tourney games. My question is, if I change 61.5 to 77 will I be able to get all the locals from whatever city I pick? For example, on the 77 satellite the locals have the same channel number as the spot beam versions on 119/110. Will my receiver try to lock onto the spotbeam versions or the ConUS versions of those channels?

Here's a screen shot of my setup for some of you who are unfamiliar with this setup:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/photopost/showfull.php?photo=1840

When I had my system looking at 148 and 61.5 during the great years when I could get distant locals, the channels would show up twice. Of course, this was with a 6000 receiver way back when. I'm not sure how the new receiver software would react.

I currently have a 5 sat setup with 129/119/118/110/61.5
129 -- HD
110/119 -- AAD Distants
118 -- Eurochannel
61.5 -- because I can and for additional RSN's :)

I'm wanting to "move" to a city that's on 77 for a while, mainly because of some NCAA tourney games. My question is, if I change 61.5 to 77 will I be able to get all the locals from whatever city I pick? For example, on the 77 satellite the locals have the same channel number as the spot beam versions on 119/110. Will my receiver try to lock onto the spotbeam versions or the ConUS versions of those channels?

Here's a screen shot of my setup for some of you who are unfamiliar with this setup:
SatelliteGuys Photo Gallery - 0317101620 - Powered by PhotoPost

It depends if your in the spotbeam or not. if you are then it will most likely choose the spotbeam over the conus regardless of signal level.

This only applies to channels that are duplicated on both sats. So if only one has HD you will get both the HD and SD feed.

For instance even though 61.5 carries all the locals I normally only see the HD versions from 61.5 and my recieve will pickup the SD version on 110 (even with lower signal levels)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts