5 Satellites into DP44 switch possible?

cired

Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
I have a dish 1000 with 110, 119, 129 going right into a DP44 switch. If I wanted to add 2 more satellites can this be done without the purchase of another DP44? The DP44 has 1 more input left (port 4). What are my options to bring in 5 sattellites with my curent switch?. I'm not even sure another DP44 switch would do it. Thanks for any help.

what do you want to add? 61.5 and 148?
What receiver do you have (some don't support 5 locations last I knew)

4 satellites to DPP44

each output (except "1", can't use DPP44 power inserter with DP21 in the way), plus another satellite to a DP21

DP21 to the receiver. Dual tuners require two, no separators with this config. This is the config described in my sig.

Thanks for your reply pepper. So let me get this right. Since I have one more input for a satellite on the DP44 go ahead and use it with one of the two satellites I plan on installing for a total of 4 satellites to the DP44. Now on the receiver output side of the DP44 come out with a coax to a DP21 switch as long as it is not port 1 with the inserter. Now plug the additional satellite to the DP21 (for a total of 2 extra to my current setup) then out of the DP21 to the receiver. Now I have all five sats hooked up using one cable run to the receiver. Is this correct? Thanks

one cable per tuner. He might have a single tuner.

IIRC, the DPP44 goes to port 1 on the DP21, the other satellite goes to port 2.

What receiver or receivers do you have??

Switch error Solved!!!!

We were having this same issue for weeks and I noticed when my ceiling fan was off that I didn't get the switch error.

My wife told me didn’t this start once we put in the new Green type light Bulbs (GE florescent Helical 13W. I thought she was crazy but at this point would try anything.

Once I went back to standard Bulb in the ceiling FAN I have never seen the switch err again, ( I put them back several times to test this and it fails every time I use these bulbs) So much for being green.

We were having this same issue for weeks and I noticed when my ceiling fan was off that I didn't get the switch error.

My wife told me didn’t this start once we put in the new Green type light Bulbs (GE florescent Helical 13W. I thought she was crazy but at this point would try anything.

Once I went back to standard Bulb in the ceiling FAN I have never seen the switch err again, ( I put them back several times to test this and it fails every time I use these bulbs) So much for being green.

This is very interesting information and appreciated but this has nothing to do with the original post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts