50.0 Voice/Touch Remote Available for New Customers?

superM

Original poster
May 20, 2013
United States
My grandmother (new customer) is signing up for Dish with Hopper 3. I'm chatting with CS for her, they are saying they offer the 50.0 voice/touch remote with the Hopper 3 (joeys will receive normal remote).

Are they shipping these now or is the CS agent mistaken?

When I signed up to upgrade for the H3 I was told I would get the 50. When I did not get it with the install I called Dish. I was told I would get one as soon as they came out. She told me she would put a note on my account stating I would get one. I called again about a week later and was told the same thing by a different CSR and that there was a note on my account about the 50.

When I signed up to upgrade for the H3 I was told I would get the 50. When I did not get it with the install I called Dish. I was told I would get one as soon as they came out. She told me she would put a note on my account stating I would get one. I called again about a week later and was told the same thing by a different CSR and that there was a note on my account about the 50.
I think they put a note on all of our accounts :)

Reactions: D. Manley
Had the opportunity to play with the 50.0 as well as the Hopper GO this week. I think it will be very worth the wait. Hopefully not much longer.:)

The HopperGo is a purchase I for sure will be making. That thing sounds like it's going to be well worth the $99 price tag.

Which remote do you like better between 50.0 and 52.0? Will the 50.0 remote work with HWS?

The 50.0's voice features work very well. Personally, I'd prefer to just press 140 or whatever channel on my remote rather than speak it aloud. The touch screen number buttons on the 50.0 worked fine but I prefer the number buttons on the 52.0. Not sure I'd trade the number buttons on the 52.0 for the voice feature on the 50.0, it's close. The 50.0 is quite a bit smaller in length than the 52.0 but the same width and thickness. All that being said, after 15+ years of using various DISH remotes, all with a similar layout, The creature of habit in me prefers the 40.0 to either of the new remotes. The 50.0 I used was paired to a H3. I can't speak to it's compatibility with other models.

The 50.0's voice features work very well. Personally, I'd prefer to just press 140 or whatever channel on my remote rather than speak it aloud. The touch screen number buttons on the 50.0 worked fine but I prefer the number buttons on the 52.0. Not sure I'd trade the number buttons on the 52.0 for the voice feature on the 50.0, it's close. The 50.0 is quite a bit smaller in length than the 52.0 but the same width and thickness. All that being said, after 15+ years of using various DISH remotes, all with a similar layout, The creature of habit in me prefers the 40.0 to either of the new remotes. The 50.0 I used was paired to a H3. I can't speak to it's compatibility with other models.
Thanks for the review. I can't wait to try out the voice 50.0 remote and hope it has a lot of voice functions. Like maybe say Close Captioning and it does it, etc, etc.

Anybody know how the voice commands work? Is there an alerting word, such as "Alexa, .....?"

"Charlie, tune in the History Chanel...."
As I recall from a previous photo, there is a voice button on the side of the 50 remote. I imagine you simply press it to activate voice.

DISH-2015remotes.jpg

I'm interested in getting these new remotes.

When I did my upgrade transaction today from HwW to H3 with the social media rep, he told me they can't put a note in my account by Dish policy and that I can only call in when they are available to see if I could "purchase" them then.

Has anyone else received that response? I told them about some of the postings here about getting notes in the account for when they are available, but he doesn't seem to want to budge on that..

Just curious..

I don't know when they will come out, but don't feel entitled to one for free for any reason. I will buy at least one to check it out with my Hopper 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts