Dish Anywhere Video Player extension magically appeared...

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
When I booted my Chromebook Pixel today I noticed that a Dish extension had been added. Interestingly I never actually installed it or had even been at the Dish Anywhere site on this computer. It seems to have automagically found my Hopper 3 all by itself and set it up.
BTW, works great on the Chromebook.

Sent from my App Runtime for Chrome using Tapatalk

When I booted my Chromebook Pixel today I noticed that a Dish extension had been added. Interestingly I never actually installed it or had even been at the Dish Anywhere site on this computer. It seems to have automagically found my Hopper 3 all by itself and set it up.
BTW, works great on the Chromebook.
Sent from my App Runtime for Chrome using Tapatalk
I'm still getting the message: We're sorry, but your web browser, operating system, or the combination of both is not currently supported by the SlingPlayer plug-in. Please click herefor more information. What did you do to make it work? I can log in & it shows my recordings & timers, but won't play anything back.

Last edited:
I don't know what I did other than go to the site and test it a little. But after reading your post I went back to it and now it won't even pull up the DVR listings claiming my H3 isn't connected to the internet and giving 3 suggestions, none of which actually work. And checking the H3 it is on the internet and on the same network. :(
Then I checked on my iPad and it is working fine.
Something is definitely not right with DA and Chromebooks it seems.

I don't know what I did other than go to the site and test it a little. But after reading your post I went back to it and now it won't even pull up the DVR listings claiming my H3 isn't connected to the internet and giving 3 suggestions, none of which actually work. And checking the H3 it is on the internet and on the same network. :(
Then I checked on my iPad and it is working fine.
Something is definitely not right with DA and Chromebooks it seems.
Chrome OS has never been supported for Dish Anywhere, that's why I questioned how you could get it to work. Works fine on everything else for me, but without an ext specifically for Chrome OS I don't think it will ever work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)