50% off of BB@Home and Multi-Sport Paks

OrlandoSGM

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 27, 2008
Orlando, FL
Has anyone had any success in renewing these packages at the 50% off rate. I was told that they can only offer the 50% off deals once to a customer. I seem to recall that others have had some success. Thanks!

Well I just went on my 3rd round of 1/2 price BB@home...not to mention they just gave me HBO f/$5 off f/6 months, after just having it 1/2 price f/3 months. (they were actually supposed to give it to me FREE f/3 months when I moved...but I was already on the 1/2 price deal; when it ran out, they said they could NO longer give it to me FREE...so they gave me all the OTHER premiums FREE f/3 months & HBO $5 off thing)

When mine ended it actually increased my monthly bill by $17 dollars for that month. Was told that it was correct by DIRT, but they did end up dropping the extra charge for me after several PMs. It hardly seemed right that I got $5 discount a month and when the discount ended there would be an extra $17 on the bill because the discount ended in the middle of a billing cycle and they had to add the following month at full, etc. etc. Be careful.

Every premium except for HBO is available for 3 months free.
Just ask for it.
Starz, Showtime, Cinemax, Encore, BB @ Home, Heartland, Multi Sports.
After the 3 months are over, you may be told that you cannot do it twice but agent roulette might change that.

When mine ended it actually increased my monthly bill by $17 dollars for that month. Was told that it was correct by DIRT, but they did end up dropping the extra charge for me after several PMs. It hardly seemed right that I got $5 discount a month and when the discount ended there would be an extra $17 on the bill because the discount ended in the middle of a billing cycle and they had to add the following month at full, etc. etc. Be careful.
Whenever possible, I try to time my programming changes near the end of the pre-paid billing cycle, makes updated/pro-rated charges easier to reconcile.

I had BB@Home for 1/2 for a year before canceling altogether. I've been a customer for 10+ years and went to take it off online but when proceeding to the checkout was offered it for 1/2 off for six months. When that ended, I paid for a full month at regular price then went back to cancel online again and got it for 1/2 off. I don't have it anymore but do have some movie channels (Epix, Encore, Starz) and routinely have them for 1/2 off.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

My previous half off for BB@Home expired today. I do enjoy the package, as I cancelled I was offered another half for six months. Signed back up :)

Last edited:
Never tried Multi Sports, don't watch that pkg (NBA League Pass about took all my money but wife and I love NBA Knicks), but I have gotten BB@Home 50% off for 6 mos twice.

Just tried to take BB off my account and was happy to receive the same message that I could get it for $5.00/month for 6 months. I'm glad I check these forums! That's like a $30 coupon....

Just tried to take BB off my account and was happy to receive the same message that I could get it for $5.00/month for 6 months. I'm glad I check these forums! That's like a $30 coupon....

Yes over the years not only do you receive great info, also save $$$

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)