501 Losing Signal LNB Drift

jlabsher

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
Lexington Park, MD
My 501 is losing signal mainly at night. My 522 is fine though.

I've got 2 dishes (110/119 & 61.5) when I check system info I'm getting signals over 110 on all birds. When I run the system information screen it says "LNB drift"

I had LNB drift on the 110/119 birds in the range of 5, called dish and they were not helpful, said it was within range. Had a tech come out anyway since I've got the service plan and replace the LNB on the 110/119 sat, now I only have LNB drift on the 61.5.

Still I am losing signal quite often on the 501 (every 90 secs or so) will go through the "searching for satellite" screen, once it gets to step 1 of 5 I get picture back. Weather has been fine too.

Of course I've checked the switch & rebooted several times. Happens on all channels, mainly at night and not all the time. The tech was clueless too. Anybody have any ideas, is it a bad box or what?

I have seen where a drifting lnb causes an internal short back into system so there is a good possibility thats what is going on.

AHA, thanks. Next time I lose signal I'll try disconnecting the 61.5 from the switch (since I really never watch those channels) & see what happens!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)