501/P1.99/Starting to watch a program that's recording?

LER

Supporter / Pub Member / Server Weenie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2003
Round Rock, TX US
I'm looking for validation that I'm not insane....

I have a 501 with the P1.99 software. When I pick a show that's recording from the PVR menu, it picks up the live stream. Shouldn't it pick up from the beginning?

Contacts at dish say they can't reproduce it...

what say y'all?

If the show is still recording, you can not hit view, you have to go to start over. That'll start it from the beginning. What is annoying is that if the show is still recording and you're in the middle of watching it, once it's done recording you're thrown into the live feed. To make matters worse, when you go back to the PVR menu, you don't have a resume option, but only start from the beginning.

LER, I also have a 501. The "contacts at dish" that say they can't reproduce what you described do not know what they are talking about. The 501 has always worked exactly as you described. When you pick a show that is already recording, it goes to live video.

You can select "Start Over", but if you do, you will experience the "kicked to live" bug that AppliedAggression described. I have found that it is better to just let it go to the live feed and then rewind back to the beginning of the show. While a little inconvenient, at least you don't get "kicked to live" when the recording ends.

Tony S said:
LER, I also have a 501. The "contacts at dish" that say they can't reproduce what you described do not know what they are talking about. The 501 has always worked exactly as you described. When you pick a show that is already recording, it goes to live video.

You can select "Start Over", but if you do, you will experience the "kicked to live" bug that AppliedAggression described. I have found that it is better to just let it go to the live feed and then rewind back to the beginning of the show. While a little inconvenient, at least you don't get "kicked to live" when the recording ends.

Never thought about doing that, usually i record hockey games and hate to see the score. I could hit rewind and look away for a few seconds. Thanks for the workaround, it kicking to live definitely is annoying.

I have the 508 version and
I almost always watch a program, that is recording
at the same time I am watching it from the beginning of the show.I always go to the PVR screen,select the show that is recording,slide down to
start over,or from start,
select,and watch the entire show,from begining to end
without any jumping to live,is that a bug just in the 501?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)