501 Replacement under Warranty

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mike_H

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Twin Cities, MN
Well, my 501 is getting replaced under warranty.

I've had it for just over 2 years and it became flaky over the last few weeks. It started with me watching recordings that showed a message that part of the recording was missing due to a signal loss.

I checked my dish to make sure it was clear of snow, asked my family if they noticed anything on any other receivers, and decided it was intermittant. Since that time I had many times where I was watching it live and saw it go to the aquiring signal screen. Or heavy pixilation occuring. Screen freezes. I would reset it and sometimes it would behave. I'd power cycle it and sometimes it would behave.

I finally exchanged it's location with a 4900 and it's problem persisted in a different spot. So it wasn't the wiring.

I hesitated to call Dish because I figured I'd be on the phone for a half hour trying this, and that, and running check switches, and all sorts of stuff. But when I finally called, I explained what I had experienced, what I had done, and all of a sudden I was getting a RA number and a replacement was being shipped.

Easier than I expected. I hope the replacement works at least as long as the first one. At least the $1.99 warranty I signed up for last October is taking care of it.

Sounds like a tuner failure to me. Been there, done that with 2 501's and a 721 and 301, and seen a customer's 301 go bad as well due to the tuner issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)