508 EPG 24 hr advance

uhrigwk

Original poster
Sep 29, 2003
Guys,
When I am setting a timer for several days in the future on a 508, it takes forever to scroll 1/2 hr at a time. Is there a way to advance ahead 24 hrs in the EPG? Thanks.

Bill

uhrigwk said:
Guys,
When I am setting a timer for several days in the future on a 508, it takes forever to scroll 1/2 hr at a time. Is there a way to advance ahead 24 hrs in the EPG? Thanks.

Bill

The skip ahead button while you are in the guide, the skip back button will take you a day back.

You can also jump ahead or back by time increments as well. Example, while in the guide punch in 50 and hit the right arrow key (not skip ahead but browse right) and you will jump 50 hrs forward. Now put in 27 and hit the browse left button and you will jump back 27 hrs.

Remember, you cannot jump back unless you have already jumped ahead in the guide because you cannot see something that had already came on (50 hours ago for example) but only from the present on into the features. It allows you to jump around in the guide without having to scroll through it all the time.

With the 7100/7200 Dishplayers I liked the search feature functionality of being able to see all the shows on one particular channel when you did a search for that channel. That would be easier than having to jump all around the guide when you want to see what is on one particular channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)