508 guide only goes out 1 week?

RJS

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 1, 2003
Hazel Green, WI
I was just messing with the guide on my 508 yesterday and noticed it would only go out 1 week. When I first installed it went out about 2 weeks.

Was there something in the 199 update that changed how far out the guide would go or is it just my 508 doing this?

Maybe you need a 510 and have to pay the fee to go 2 weeks now.

:|

RJS said:
I was just messing with the guide on my 508 yesterday and noticed it would only go out 1 week. When I first installed it went out about 2 weeks.

Was there something in the 199 update that changed how far out the guide would go or is it just my 508 doing this?

Maybe you need a 510 and have to pay the fee to go 2 weeks now.

:|

Im pretty sure that mine only ever went out about 7 days.

The guide used to be 9 days, but it was changed to 7 days a couple of software releases ago...don't remember exactly which one - maybe p166 or p167...

Both of my 508s go out about 7 days 4 hours or so (dependent on how long it's been since my gude data was refreshed).

My guide has not been "changed" - from the first day to now it goes just shy of 9 days. I am right now looking 8 days and 17 hours ahead. I have seen it go just over 8 days at times and others like now to almost 9. One note - sometimes scrolling the last couple of days seem to go further than putting in a number and hitting the forward button.

I never knew any Dish receiver guide to go out for 2 weeks but have heard in the past and once again that the PVR's can go out for about 9 days (might be sligthly less if the guide has not be updated.).

Thanks guys. I got thinking about it after I read your answers and I guess it was 9 days. It just seemed like it went on and on. I hadn't tried it lately so I wasn't aware that it was only going to 7 days

Remember if you pull up the guide now you will see that it's thursday (1) scroll days ahead Friday (2), Saturday (3), Sunday (4), Monday (5), Tuesday (6), Wednesday (7), Thursday AGAIN (8), Friday (9). BTW the ninth days is only half of the day so the guide is 8 1/2 days. Always has been.

If you count one week there are 7 days so once you make it back to the same time your on the next week or eighth day.

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)