508 problems

SHEEPareBAD

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2007
mn
ok so heres the deal.
i was set to do your average 1 tv installation with a 301. (yes, i'm a dns tech) I get there and the customer had a 508 that they own from a previous account and ask if i could hook that up instead. Why not. So i make sure all the cables and connections are good, blah blah blah. Run a checkswitch and i get 119 and no 110. no problem. change lnb, same deal. come to realize that its the software. so i start downloading, finish that, it then programs the memory and then restarts like usual.
Now, here comes the problem. after the restart, all i get is a blinking power light. i wait and wait and after about ten minutes i go to restart. FPR doesn't do anything. so i unplug it for a few minutes and plug it back in.. The blinking stops, it's solid. still i never get a picture. i try CH3, CH4. both the rca outs and the s-vid out. i never get a thing and i end up installing the 301 instead of the 508 onsite.
what happened to the 508?? :confused: :confused:

Sounds like the software update killed the 508. Does the customer still has the 508? All I could think the customer can do is call Dish Network and see if they would replace it. Probably will need to enroll in DHHP first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)