508 timers not working on preview channels

jayshilstone

Original poster
Feb 7, 2006
I have a 508 and have on three occasions lately tried to set a timer for a show on one of the preview channels (Encore Action to be precise). Every time it appears the timer is set properly, but the program doesn't record.

Anyone else encountering problems recording on a preview channel?

Thanks,
Jay

Nope, it's been working fine for me. I do, however, notice that I'm no longer seeing the Encore Action channel on the preview channels.

Are you still seeing this channel??

I think it is now the Encore Romance Channel.

With regard to my problem, I wonder if it might be a problem with the receiver not coming out of standby to record. Has this been a reported problem that you know of?

The most likely probelm is when E* switched off EncoreAction and on EncoreWest, You lost the channel you set to record and therefore, it didn't work.
In other words, that channel is NOT available now, test your 508 by setting a timer to record 287EncoreWest ( while you wait to see if it works) and I'll bet it does.
You can't record a channel that E* removed.

Finally called Dish on this one. The tech said they had no record of this ever happening and will issue an RA for the unit. This makes about the 5th 508 I have had a problem with.

Thanks for the input.

Jay

jayshilstone said:
I have a 508 and have on three occasions lately tried to set a timer for a show on one of the preview channels (Encore Action to be precise). Every time it appears the timer is set properly, but the program doesn't record.

Anyone else encountering problems recording on a preview channel?

Thanks,
Jay
I've worked with this issue quite a bit since these free channels showed up.
I have a 510.
Some of the free ones behave fine, but most refuse to act right.
The problem is, the DVR will not turn itself on when the show is starting.
I believe it's either a bug in Dish's software, or is intentional to make it hard to DVR the free channels.
It is frustrating, and I really wish Dish would make these channels behave like all the others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)