510 $99 upgrade question

G

Original poster
i am thinking of getting rid of my old 2800 for this 510 via the $99 reciver trade in deal. i saw you had to commit to 12 months of credit card auto pay + programming. if i get that and do that upgrade deal and do superdish deal (free + free installation with 12 month commitment same as above) will i have to be commited for 12 months or 36 months? also if a 811 deal came along i would probably get that too with more commitment.

12 months - Dish commitments are not cumulative. you are simply committed to the furthest out end date.

Jan commit to 12 months. June purchase upgrade for another 12 months. Commitment ends 12 months from June.

Jan commit to 24 months. June purchase upgrade with commitment for 12 months. commitment ends 24 months from Jan.

Chris

If I get the SuperDish promo at the same time as the 510 $99 upgrade promo, the commitment will still end at one year correct? If I go for the Free 510 upgrade at same time as SuperDish, commitment will still end at two years correct?

Yes, two deals at the same time turns it from a 12 month commitment to a 24 month commitment. If you already have one commitment for 12 months then you take a promotion then you have another 12 month commitment added onto the 12 month commitment you have now.

Stargazer, I do not believe that is correct, if you are on a 12 month contract now and get something like the 510 upgrade your 12 month commitment restarts when you get the 510.

It does not add another 12 months on top of your existing 12 months.

510 upgrade promotion

I have just upgraded to the 510 and had the new receiver installed by a DISH installer today. According to Dish Network website, you have the option to upgrade for 1 yr at a cost of $99 along with committing for 12 months of at least AT50 programming. If you sign up for CCA, they send it free or for those of us that do not want CCA, you can pay $24.95 in order to have this sent. They also will give you the option of getting the receiver for free, but you need to commit for 24 months instead of 12.

In addition, if you are going to use the 510 as a replacement for another receiver (I replaced my 7200), the old receiver needs to be sent back to DISH (the installer took mine). If you do not send back the old receiver, you will be charged $50 by DISH. If you are going to use the 510 as an additional receiver, the additional outlet fee will apply.

So far, I like the 510. I think it combines some of the features of the 301 along with my old 7200. I especially like the UHF remote, the enhanced DVR features, and the caller id feature that lets you see the phone # on the TV screen. Even my dad (he has the 301 in his room) even likes it because it looks like and operates similar to his receiver. He commented he could just as easy watch either tv set in the home instead of having to be rocket scientist in using my old receiver.

Hope others take advantage of this plan. I am happy that DISH is at least making an effort in getting its long time current customers the ability to get new equipment and products w/o having to purchase new equipment while new subscribers get this equipment at little or new cost.

"you have the option to upgrade for 1 yr at a cost of $99"

above u said that in about your 2nd line. do you mean we only get to keep the 510 reciver for one year?

Re: 510 upgrade promotion

Anonymous said:
Hope others take advantage of this plan. I am happy that DISH is at least making an effort in getting its long time current customers the ability to get new equipment and products w/o having to purchase new equipment while new subscribers get this equipment at little or no cost.

I got my free 510 today. An installer brought it and it's now in the same room as one of my 6000's, doing DVR duty until I can take delivery of a 921. When the 921 arrives, the 510 will go to one bedroom and the 6000 to another. I have AEP so no DVR fee... just $5 a month for addl. receiver.

--- WCS

i emailed dish network and they told me this

"Dear Mr. Kessler,

Thank you for your e-mail. Currently, if a customer chooses two offers with Programming Purchase Agreements, the Programming Purchase Agreements will run concurrently so the customer will have a 1-year programming Purchase Agreement from the day the promotion starts.

The SuperDISH is scheduled to be available in mid-November. As soon as promotional information becomes available it will be released."

what does that mean in simple words?

That means if you are currently on a 1 year contract and you opt for a new promotion which has a 1 year commitment your 1 year starts over at the start of the new promotion.

This way your not adding a year on to the end of your current 1 year agreement. :)

It is good that Dish is being flexible with these commitments like this. I figure some would just add the receiver onto the account then deactivate a receiver later on to avoid the $50 penalty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)