510 acting strange

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dperez

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 4, 2005
DFW
Today my 510 did something weird, at 11 am this morning the clock when you are changing channels showed only 11: It didn't say anything else, I hope it was just a fluke and not with the software. Just let you know, I have the new 368 on both my 501 and 510 but it was only on the 510.

I'll agree with the 510 acting stupid.

Since the time change... I lost a bunch of recorded shows.. Went from 32 hours free to 60 hours free. :(

No I have to find a way to get the CSI's and a few other shows I was behind watching back...

My neighbor has a 510 and was telling the same thing, he lost some shows, boy was he mad and I don't blame him. I bet you are not he only two either.

All of my timers are starting two hours early since the DST change on my 510. I fixed them all the other day, but today I found out that they all changed back to two hours early again! So I "fixed" them again today. We'll see how long they stay this time. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!

My 510 lost it's timed programs. I have had no trouble with it since reprogramming my events again. I have read that many other computer electronics have had problems with the earlier DST.

510 with P368 crashes

Friend was chatting with me today, and asked if I'd been having any troubles with my (508) PVR.
His 510's (he's got two) have been giving him fits for several weeks.
I scrolled back through the posts here, looking for something similar.

His gripe is that during fast forwarding/reversing (or maybe jumping) he'll often get pixelization or black video, and then the unit will just shut down and reboot.
Claims he's getting good signals from all three west coast birds through his DP34.

He's got P368 and auto update on.
I have a 508 with P366 and refuse updates 'till they are forced on me.

This is the unbelievable part: he said he called Dish, and they recognized and admitted to the problem with 510's
I didn't think those guys admitted to the time of day :rolleyes:
He's peeved 'cause they cannot roll back the firmware and after weeks, still haven't fixed it.

Anyone recognize this problem or have a better clue?

Friend was chatting with me today, and asked if I'd been having any troubles with my (508) PVR.
His 510's (he's got two) have been giving him fits for several weeks.
I scrolled back through the posts here, looking for something similar.

His gripe is that during fast forwarding/reversing (or maybe jumping) he'll often get pixelization or black video, and then the unit will just shut down and reboot.
Claims he's getting good signals from all three west coast birds through his DP34.

He's got P368 and auto update on.
I have a 508 with P366 and refuse updates 'till they are forced on me.

This is the unbelievable part: he said he called Dish, and they recognized and admitted to the problem with 510's
I didn't think those guys admitted to the time of day :rolleyes:
He's peeved 'cause they cannot roll back the firmware and after weeks, still haven't fixed it.

Anyone recognize this problem or have a better clue?

Yeah, I have this problem with my 508. I have software P368 and it IS very frustrating. In fact, this evening in the middle of recording a show that was on a timer, my box rebooted and lost the time I think; cause it recorded for about 30 minutes after and quit. The thing is, the show I was recording wasn't scheduled to end for another hour at least.

I believe I picked up 368 last week. Not so good for me. I've had two crashes. Box powered up to a black screen.

At one point it said "waiting for hard drive". But, I could hear it spinning.

Took a reboot to get it back.

Also, my 300x scan is very jumpy and doesn't seem to be anywhere near that fast (perhaps 100x).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts