510 and 311 receivers not receiving new programming signals from Dish

arctic_tech

Original poster
Nov 13, 2009
Fairbanks Alaska

Recently I purchased some used equipment and did my own installation. Everything is up and working and both receivers are receiving good signals from two dished (110 and 119). I called Dish to order some programming and they confirmed that both receivers and smart cards were good and no money was owed on anything. I ordered the Classic silver 200 with Fairbanks locals.

Three times over two days Dish tried to send the authorization signal to my receivers but, neither one of them seem to be receiving the signal to turn on the ordered programming. I spent 267 minutes over the course of two days on the phone with Dish and completed every conceivable test and check possible (at least three times). Reset and restarted the systems numerous times.

Down grading to a lesser package did not help. Now, Dish wants to send me two new receivers to solve the problem.

Any thoughts as to why my receivers are not switching on the programming that I have ordered?

Turn receivers off, press power button and hold it for 4-5 sec, release. You will see something like "you receiver is downloading prog. guide." Call dish and ask them to send activation signal again.

Both smart cards are new and begin with S19.

Done all of your suggestions many times (at least 5 for each receiver). Program guide has downloaded 7 or 8 times in the course of two days.

Dish is sending two new receivers as replacements free of charge (so they say). I just don't know what difference it will make. Why new receivers? What is different about the new ones vs the old ones? What could possibly be keeping the old receivers from receiving the programming authorization signals from Dish.

What I suspect is that these receivers (having been used, that is previously owned by someone else) have, for some reason, been locked up.

What prevents proper authorization is the smartcard revision. Do they have DNASP: 241 and more importantly are they up to date with H03 ? You can find all this on sys info pages.

If the receivers do not have the most recent firmware the authorization signals will not activate them.

Put both receivers in standby mode and wait 30 minutes for them to download firmware. Once the firmware has been updated the activation signal should work.

John

Just turn off your units and leave them off, don't mess with them for about 24hours. No need to call Dish and ask for an authorizing hit because once your request it good for 24 hours. What software is in the box? If it's really old it will never take the download.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)