Error 318 - VIP 722 - Guide will not update - Outdated information

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ianai

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 19, 2009
Hampton, VA
Good evening all!

I'm having some trouble with my receiver refusing to update its guide. I live in coastal Virginia, and we had some bad weather in the last few days. At some point, my Guide got out of whack and now it simply will not update. It tries, but never seems to work. Any ideas?

The error is 318. Again, it's a vip722. The broadband connection had be reset, but it's up and running again. Will continue to search forums. I didn't find anything relevant on the error message.

Thanks!!:D

Press MENU on your remote, then 6, 1, 1. Run a "Check Switch". When it's done and you exit out of that menu, it will attempt to do a guide download.

Ahh thanks! I just returned from doing just that to update the status. Oddly, it got like halfway through, then backtracked all the way to the beginning and now it's up to date.

Thanks for the reply!! I'm not sure why the normal method wouldn't update the guide, even the post-reboot routine wouldn't update it. Regardless, I'm in business.

Had the problem here

I'm having the same problem right now on 722k. I tried red button reset, soft reboot, hard reboot. Still guide wouldn't update, so just did a chk switch and it is downloading guide. Thought it migh have something to do with this afternoon was trying to change to a different satellite dish for 72.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)