510 Dish'n it up Promo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

samavedy

Original poster
Aug 12, 2004
I called to ask about the Dish 'n it up promo for an existing customer and they told me if I want to add the 510 to my 810, I would have to pay $149 for shipping and install and also a 12 month commitment. I already had a 301 in the second room which I had inactivated a year ago, so it is not like they have to run a new line. I am flabbergasted at this promotion, I get to pay $150 dollars to lease and a years commitment. Even when I got my 811 prom a year ago I did not have to pay this much and that involved putting an extra line to the second room. Is this accurate? Moreover I thought this promo was without any additional commitment?

I have been with DISH for 3.5y now, have AT 120 + HD + international channel ( 2). they say the 522 promo is $199. Anybody can shed light on this.

They tried the same game with me. Do not bite the bullet. You can try other CSRs to see if they offer something different. But you most likely will need to wait it out until they have a new promotion or just buy a 508. Should be able to find a used 508 for the same $150 and you won't have the $5 dvr fee the 510 has. Be sure to get the smart card number and receiver number before buying and call E* to make sure you can activate it and the account is clean.

Another suggestion would be use the promo for the 508 instead of buying. It shouldn't be much of a fee to get it, say like the 811 deal was only $24.99 for basically shipping and handling.

I don't know why this is in the HDTV forum but seeing it is why not try for the 942 at $250 for a DVR upgrade at least it would be in the right forum.

jbcheshire said:
Another suggestion would be use the promo for the 508 instead of buying. It shouldn't be much of a fee to get it, say like the 811 deal was only $24.99 for basically shipping and handling.

Unfortunately, that 24.99 deal is done with. They raised the prices considerably.

I will sell you a factory sealed 510 for $150 and it will actually belong to you, not Dish Network. Why pay that much to lease when you can own it and resell it to get some if not most of your money back out of it when your done using it?

just reactivate the old 301 recv then have the csr qualify you for the dishnitup promo. it will give the csr the option for swaping out 2 leased recvs for only 50$. which are mailed not installed. if you want to return the bad 301 you can for a 25$ credit on your bill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)