510 DVR 29.00 promotion question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gmitchell

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 12, 2007
Southeast Ohio
I just ordered the a 510 DVR under the 29 dollar promotion (I was also told this was the last day for the promotion) and if I understood the person, and that was not easy, I paid 29 dollars and I will also pay a roughly 6 dollar dvr fee. Will I also have to pay a lease fee? I was under the impression I have bought the receiver is that correct? As anyone else got this deal and how is it working for you:confused:

Thanks in advance.....

Last edited:
I believe it is standard practice that Dish only leases their receivers. The only way you can purchase them is through a dealer such as DishStore.net or someone like that.

Yes purchase fee is $29, however you pay 5.98 DVR Fee

OP,

You are correct in stating that $29 is the purchase fee (not lease fee). The main advantage (if you ever have to exercise it) is that you can downgrade even to just the locals, if you want. With leased equipment, you need to maintain minimum programming ($19.99 Dish family at least).

$5.98 is the monthly DVR fee that is charged to all dish DVR/PVRs except 501/508 (there is another 7xx series that I can't seem to recall). Since yours will be a 510, it will also incur a monthly 5.98 fee. You will not/should not be charged any lease fee, as you will own the equipment outright.

This is a purchase deal. I did it just before Christmas. You own this receiver. You may still have to pay the "Additional Receiver" fee if this is the second or greater receiver on your account. One cent different from the lease fee. I think that the 510 also has the DVR fee unless you have the AEP package, which I do.

$5.98 is the monthly DVR fee that is charged to all dish DVR/PVRs except 501/508 (there is another 7xx series that I can't seem to recall).

You're probably thinking of the 721.

The old Dishplayers (7100/7200) had their DVR fee in a state of flux over the years. Some paid it, some never paid it, and some got a $99 lifetime fee deal. I don't think there's a DVR fee anymore on any of them. Probably not that many around either.

I've got two! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts