510 recorded dish ad on it's own

boogerbear

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 18, 2006
North Carolina
I love my 510, and hearing that there was an upgrade that was being downloaded, I turned off my unit last night. I usually leave it on. This morning I went to go watch my Xena download, and I noted that at 4 am that the DVR on it's own recorded "Save Money on Your Dish Network Bill" off of channel 101. and it was only 6 mins long. Now I know that I did not do this. I know about this offer, and I have never set anything to record off of 101. I do keep about 25 timers set in my dvr (told you I love it) but this is not mine. Has dish changed something or is this just the first time it happened to me??????
Oh I still have version p304 this morning.

Thanks for the input people.
BBear
:eek:

Nothing to worry about, Dish does this occasionally. I treat them like spam and delete.

NightRyder

Does this take up part of our reserved space on the hard drive or is it using their reserved space? If it is not using their reserved space and someone had just enough room for all their shows then it may cause one to be deleted. This probably wouldnt happen though if someone protected all of their recordings or did not try to cut it so close.

In the 4 plus years I've been with Dish, I think it's happened twice on my 508. Never on my 721. It never deletes anything on your DVR- if there's no space for it, it doesn't download. Tivos get a lot more downloaded on their systems, and sometimes with restrictions against deleting for a set period of time. More info on this can be found with a search- other threads have discussed it.

navychop said:
In the 4 plus years I've been with Dish, I think it's happened twice on my 508. Never on my 721. It never deletes anything on your DVR- if there's no space for it, it doesn't download. Tivos get a lot more downloaded on their systems, and sometimes with restrictions against deleting for a set period of time. More info on this can be found with a search- other threads have discussed it.

We verified some time ago that these infomercials come from a DISH owned cache space and do not take time from the user space.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)