510 Recording question

Kenster

Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
With a 510, if you are recording a show, can you come in and watch the show from the beginning, even as the PVR continues to record the show?
Example: "Judging Amy" comes on at 2100 and the 510 begins to record it. I go jump in the shower. At 2115, I want to watch "Amy" from the beginning while the 510 continues to record the rest of the show. Is that possible or do I have to wait until the whole show is recorded before I can watch it?

Yup. you can watch it from the beginning even when it is recording. Just go to the PVR menu, select the show, and click on "start". It will start from the beginning of the recording even if it is still recording that show.

Or, you could just press the Rewind button on the remote to "rewind" back to the beginning, then press Play. (Press Rewind a few times to get x300 speed).

IMHO that's one of the best features of any PVR. You can start the recording then start watching a few minutes in to it, skipping the commercials. By the time the show is over you are back to live.

dlsnyder said:
IMHO that's one of the best features of any PVR. You can start the recording then start watching a few minutes in to it, skipping the commercials. By the time the show is over you are back to live.

Thanks for the replies. I have this feature on my Ultimate TV and I know Tivo has it. Just wanted to make sure the 5xx Dish PVRs had it before I get one for my father-in-law.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)