510 to 625 upgrade--change LNB??

stryker

Original poster
May 13, 2006
I upgraded from a 510 DVR to 625 DVR. Does the LNB have to be changed on the roof to the Dish Pro Plus LNB to make this 625 work? And do I have to run another RG-6 to the roof? Currently only have one RG-6 to the roof, as was used on the 510. Do I have to also re-aim the dish...............?? Was using 110 & 119 on the 510 DVR, and is the satellites the same for the 625?? Help ???? The 625 will not operate at this point......tried to also use a 311 and no work either??

two lines, or change the LNB to DPP and use the separator. Whichever is easier for you.

you have to use menu 6-1-1 and run check switch on any receiver after connecting it, maybe that's why the 311 didn't work.

On the original question, if the old rx had a 'legacy' lnb do you have to chane to Dishpro? ( and of course , 2 cables)

625 Will work with either Legacy or Dish Pro but needs 2 coax cables run to it. If you use a Dish Pro Plus Twin you can use 1 coax but must use a separator at the receiver. The dual tuner receiver must have 2 inputs active to work correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)