510 won't play recorded show

path

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
I have one recorded show that my 510 will not play. In the "Selected Event" screen, I hit start and the screen switches to the "Playback Over" screen, without playing the recording. I have tried unplugging for about a minute, and that did not help. All the other recorded shows play fine. We have about 75 hours recording time left.

Any ideas? We have only had one other problem a couple months ago a show played back garbled, but we just assumed the signal had dropped during the recording. Have had no other problems since then.

hmmm. never seen that on my 510. How long does the dvr menu screen say the show is? like 1hr or 5mins????

Sounds like what us 921 people get called a ZSR. I never got one on my 921 but apparently it records 0 mins, and has the potential to wipe the whole hard drive out. I would just delete it and not mess with it. What show was it? If you keep getting these and your signal strength is good and your switch/lnb's are good try switching to another feed from your dish/ another room if possible.

If all else fails have dish replace your box, ZSR's are not common on the 510.

Jon

It was only a half hour show, it is listed as a half hour also. No big deal that I missed it, just was wondering what happened. All the info is there about the show, everything looks normal. What exactly is a "ZSR"?

When I leased this 510 during the promotion back in November 2004, I was told that there was only a 90 day warranty, and after that I would have to pay for repairs. That didn't sound right since it is lease equipment. If this does occur again I will call them about a replacement. So far they have worked with us on any problems we have had and treated us fairly.

ZSR = Zero Second Recording... Don't have a 921 but sometimes I like to read about their woes... Like I like to read about aircraft accidents... :eek:

How come you got 90 days warranty on a leased equipment and I got a year on my 510? And mine was a $99 upgrade, not a lease! :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts