52.0 Remote Volume Question

DialgaChampion

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2015
New York
I noticed that with my new 52 remote, I have to keep pressing the volume up and down buttons repeatedly to increase/decrease the volume of my TV, one bar at a time with each press.

With the old 40 remote, I could just press and hold the volume up/down buttons, and the volume of the TV would keep increasing/decreasing until I released the volume button.

Is this normal for the 52 remote's volume control buttons?

No it's not normal try unpairing the remote and pair it again and set the buttons to match your tv again....

Murphy's law... I just went into the menu and tried to pair it again... first code of 65, and it fixed the problem.

I swear I did the exact same thing a month ago, went through all the codes and none of them fixed this volume issue... unbelievable...

Also wonder if there is a way to press a button on the 52.0 remote, while in grid view, that skips a full 24-hour day ahead?
On the previous 40.0 remote, while in grid view, I used the SKIP FWD and SKIP BACK buttons to move forward or backward per page on the grid.
BUT I also often used the FWD and BACK back buttons to move a full 24 hours ahead or back. Any comparable selection function available on the 52.0?

Perfect! It works!
Now is there a quick shortcut on 52.0 remote to switch from one window to another when in PIP or multiple window shared view?
Thank you for the previous response. Hope I'm not bothering you with my queries, but your answers are short and to-the-point. Much appreciated!

Perfect! It works!
Now is there a quick shortcut on 52.0 remote to switch from one window to another when in PIP or multiple window shared view?
Thank you for the previous response. Hope I'm not bothering you with my queries, but your answers are short and to-the-point. Much appreciated!

The 'Input' button on the left side of the remote.

Let's start with Multiview: You will see 4 windows with 4 channels on your screen. When you first bring up MV, you will have sound on the upper left channel. You can move the sound, easily, by pressing the right, left, down, or up arrows. You have to click the first arrow twice to start. You can go to full screen on any of the 4 channels by going to a channel and getting sound and then press Select. The input button will do same thing as the arrow buttons but it sequences.

Now, Side by Side PIP is a little different. Simply press the Input button as J Sheridan suggested.

Reactions: JSheridan
Let's start with Multiview: You will see 4 windows with 4 channels on your screen. When you first bring up MV, you will have sound on the upper left channel. You can move the sound, easily, by pressing the right, left, down, or up arrows. You have to click the first arrow twice to start. You can go to full screen on any of the 4 channels by going to a channel and getting sound and then press Select. The input button will do same thing as the arrow buttons but it sequences.

Now, Side by Side PIP is a little different. Simply press the Input button as J Sheridan suggested.
Even more info! I'm impressed with your mind-reading ability. Very much appreciated.
No one in my family or my friends understands why I would ever call-up PIP much less more windows than just the 2.
Apprarently at least 2 people out there [Bobby and JSheridan] are less judgmental. Thanks mucho!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)