52 Remote and Harmony Setup?

lgb0250

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
I currently have the 52 remote for my H3. I also have a soundbar that gets turned on every morning by just hitting the volume button on the 52.

My problem is on the Harmony when I try to add another step there are no selections for volume on the DISH network add an activity.

When I go into settings on the H3 for remote, it shows me two extra buttons that can control several add on activities but none of them are vol.

I'm not a tech type so I could use some help.

I currently have the 52 remote for my H3. I also have a soundbar that gets turned on every morning by just hitting the volume button on the 52.

My problem is on the Harmony when I try to add another step there are no selections for volume on the DISH network add an activity.

When I go into settings on the H3 for remote, it shows me two extra buttons that can control several add on activities but none of them are vol.

I'm not a tech type so I could use some help.
The Harmony controls your soundbar woofer volume directly, apart from the Dish receiver. Soundbar should be one of your Harmony "devices", and select IT for your volume control in your Watch TV activity.

The Harmony controls your soundbar woofer volume directly, apart from the Dish receiver. Soundbar should be one of your Harmony "devices", and select IT for your volume control in your Watch TV activity.

Thanks KAB but I've got more problems than just that! Now I remember why I got rid of the Harmony One. Just a PIA to get everything fine tuned.

I've managed to get the Watch TV activity set up and working except for the volume control and I've got an activity set up for watching Amazon Fire Stick except for the volume control.

What I don't have is any other buttons that work!! I mean nothing. The guide button doesn't, the dvr button doesn't, the channel numbers don't work, etc, etc.

How can two activities work perfectly except for the ability to adjust the vol up or down while none of the others work at all. Forget Logitech support, totally useless.

I didn't put my sound bar in as a device because as my setup works now, all I have to do in the morning is hit the DISH button and volume button once to turn on the soundbar. It goes off automatically once DISH goes to sleep. Another reason I didn't install the soundbar separate is because it's Bluetooth I just didn't feel like any more problems for awhile as long as DISH was worked no the same way it usd to,

Thanks KAB but I've got more problems than just that! Now I remember why I got rid of the Harmony One. Just a PIA to get everything fine tuned.

I've managed to get the Watch TV activity set up and working except for the volume control and I've got an activity set up for watching Amazon Fire Stick except for the volume control.

What I don't have is any other buttons that work!! I mean nothing. The guide button doesn't, the dvr button doesn't, the channel numbers don't work, etc, etc.

How can two activities work perfectly except for the ability to adjust the vol up or down while none of the others work at all. Forget Logitech support, totally useless.

I didn't put my sound bar in as a device because as my setup works now, all I have to do in the morning is hit the DISH button and volume button once to turn on the soundbar. It goes off automatically once DISH goes to sleep. Another reason I didn't install the soundbar separate is because it's Bluetooth I just didn't feel like any more problems for awhile as long as DISH was worked no the same way it usd to,
What is your soundbar physically connected to?? Optical? The bluetooth comment has me bit confused.

What is your soundbar physically connected to?? Optical? The bluetooth comment has me bit confused.

It's connected to optical KAB and thanks for the help. I finally contacted Harmony support and they led me through everything and now it's working except for programming a couple of buttons that I want. This remote is awesome! Got rid of 4 remotes and replaced with 1.

Been getting use to this new remote but still one more question that's got me stumped. There are no dedicated commands on the Harmony for the Back button or Options button that are on the 52. Anybody with a Harmony here that's figured out how to do this?

Been getting use to this new remote but still one more question that's got me stumped. There are no dedicated commands on the Harmony for the Back button or Options button that are on the 52. Anybody with a Harmony here that's figured out how to do this?
On the Harmony, Back=Exit, Options=Red Button...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)