52 Remote Issues....

evilsofa

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 12, 2015
Atlanta, Ga
So got the H3 installed this morning, everything working when installer left. This afternoon went to setup remote to work with main tv attached to H3 select tv and model from list Hopper says saving to remote and it hangs on the message for 5 minutes and appears to time out. Now remote when I try to use volume or power for tv flashes aux. Remote still works for H3 but now can not configure it for the tv. So I unpair it and use one of the other 52 remotes I unpaired from a joey, pair it to the H3 ok but same issue HOWEVER now the original remote I unpaired from the H3 can NOT be paried to the joey its like the remote needs a hard reset. Is that possible? and what the heck can be going on with saving the tv settings, plan on calling Dish tomorrow or opening a chat with a DIRT member but thought I would throw this rather strange issue out to the group.

Go to Remote Manager and disable Limited mode.
Thanks, just tried the the hold down sat button, down arrow and return instead of asterix and that worked! Now to figure out my original issue of why the H3 couldn't set the tv codes on the remote