522/811 Question

csilverman

Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
I am real new to all this HD/DVR stuff so bear with me while I try to ask this question correctly.

I just switched to Dish Network from DirectTV. In my family room I have an 811 HD receiver and a 522 DVR. The DVR works great but it does not record HD programs. My question is fairly simple...why?

It seems that the 522 records any program that runs independently of the 811. When I watch HD programming (inlcuding local channels from my off-air antenna) I have to turn the 811 on. The 522 will not record those programs. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

csilverman said:
I am real new to all this HD/DVR stuff so bear with me while I try to ask this question correctly.

I just switched to Dish Network from DirectTV. In my family room I have an 811 HD receiver and a 522 DVR. The DVR works great but it does not record HD programs. My question is fairly simple...why?

It seems that the 522 records any program that runs independently of the 811. When I watch HD programming (inlcuding local channels from my off-air antenna) I have to turn the 811 on. The 522 will not record those programs. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

The 522 is not capable of receiving or recording HD... Period. It is a SD only receiver. The only HD DVR is the 921. Which nobody can get at the moment. You can learn more about it in the 921 support forum.

Good Luck,

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts