522 and 1.28

C

caeyathompson

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 4, 2003
73
0
My 522 downloaded/installed 1.28 last nite. I was hoping this was the dual/single mode fix, but it doesn't appear to have changed anything that I can see.

Anybody have any info on what this was other than a standard bug fix?

-Casey
 
Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
100,689
20,241
Newington, CT
Dual Single mode wont be out for a LONG time.

From what I know the update was to fix some problems people with Quad LNB's have been having with the 522's.
 
C

caeyathompson

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 4, 2003
73
0
Scott Greczkowski said:
Dual Single mode wont be out for a LONG time.
quote]

LONG time? The only reason I moved to Dish in this area was because they had locals. Was told by Sales that the 522 would replace the DirectTV w/ TiVo that I had and would be a 1:1 comparison.

Not even close. But I was also "told" that the single mode would be out before the end of the year.

If not, I guess it's time to give them a call to cancel.

-Casey
 
Stargazer

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
16,565
340
Western WV
A long time huh. That is a HUGE disapointment for the 522 unless you dont use PIP functionality that often.
 
V

video62

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 26, 2003
385
0
caeyathompson said:
Was told by Sales that the 522 would replace the DirectTV w/ TiVo that I had and would be a 1:1 comparison.
Ummm... what did they mean by "1:1 comparison"? Maybe in the (eventual) ability to record one program while watching another live (using dual tuners), but no way does the 522 have Tivo functionality.
 
C

caeyathompson

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 4, 2003
73
0
video62 said:
caeyathompson said:
Was told by Sales that the 522 would replace the DirectTV w/ TiVo that I had and would be a 1:1 comparison.
Ummm... what did they mean by "1:1 comparison"? Maybe in the (eventual) ability to record one program while watching another live (using dual tuners), but no way does the 522 have Tivo functionality.

Thats my gripe... They said it was comparable to the TiVo in functionality. That was an obvious lie, or someone has no clue.

Either way, my service has been cancelled. And I must say, they didn't try to hard to keep me.

-Casey
 

Similar threads

J
Replies
10
Views
2K
JohnDoe#2
J
A
Replies
11
Views
3K
SimpleSimon
SimpleSimon
S
Replies
7
Views
1K
CygnusTM
CygnusTM
L
Replies
2
Views
1K
ralfyguy
ralfyguy
E
Replies
2
Views
1K
Jared Twomey
J

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Top