522 and 1.28

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

caeyathompson

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2003
My 522 downloaded/installed 1.28 last nite. I was hoping this was the dual/single mode fix, but it doesn't appear to have changed anything that I can see.

Anybody have any info on what this was other than a standard bug fix?

-Casey

Dual Single mode wont be out for a LONG time.

From what I know the update was to fix some problems people with Quad LNB's have been having with the 522's.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Dual Single mode wont be out for a LONG time.
quote]

LONG time? The only reason I moved to Dish in this area was because they had locals. Was told by Sales that the 522 would replace the DirectTV w/ TiVo that I had and would be a 1:1 comparison.

Not even close. But I was also "told" that the single mode would be out before the end of the year.

If not, I guess it's time to give them a call to cancel.

-Casey

A long time huh. That is a HUGE disapointment for the 522 unless you dont use PIP functionality that often.

caeyathompson said:
Was told by Sales that the 522 would replace the DirectTV w/ TiVo that I had and would be a 1:1 comparison.
Ummm... what did they mean by "1:1 comparison"? Maybe in the (eventual) ability to record one program while watching another live (using dual tuners), but no way does the 522 have Tivo functionality.

video62 said:
caeyathompson said:
Was told by Sales that the 522 would replace the DirectTV w/ TiVo that I had and would be a 1:1 comparison.
Ummm... what did they mean by "1:1 comparison"? Maybe in the (eventual) ability to record one program while watching another live (using dual tuners), but no way does the 522 have Tivo functionality.

Thats my gripe... They said it was comparable to the TiVo in functionality. That was an obvious lie, or someone has no clue.

Either way, my service has been cancelled. And I must say, they didn't try to hard to keep me.

-Casey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts