522 and receiver 2 problems

robv

Original poster
May 11, 2004
Hello all.

I have a 522 and it’s been fine for almost a year, a few days ago. The second receiver started acting funny. It would not come off the screen saver. I thought I needed new batteries in the remote. I changed them and still nothing. I have powered it off, rebooted several times, Left it off for 2-3 hours and I don’t have control over receiver 2. I have a second remote for the second receiver and I even tried that.

I am able to watch it sometimes when its recording, but I tried to stop a recording yesterday and no control. Do you think its terminal? Any ideas?

Thanks

Make sure your remote antenna is plugged in securely and in an upright position on the back of the 522. If it is, does the #2 remote turn the blue power light off on the receiver when used in the same room? I have occasionally seen the #2 remote control address get changed on the receiver only so that the remote would no longer operate it.

bweiteka

I have checked the antenna. Its straight and good to go.. The remotes won’t turn on or off the second receiver. Its wont turn it on or won’t turn it off. It won’t stop a recording. At first I did not have sound on receiver 2, then it would not come off of screen saver, and then now it won’t do anything. It does record.. I have set up several shows and it does turn on and record them. When the recorder is recording on tv 2, I was able to watch it on tv 2. any ideas? I hope I dont have to send it in. I have 80 hours of showes I want to keep :)

Thanks

Rob

Check the remote address.

Bring up the system info screen (press button on front of receiver)

Look at the address for TV2

Now on the TV2 remote press and hold the sat button untill all four mode button flash.
Press the # button twice.
count the number of times the sat button flashes, If it does not equal the number of the address for TV2. You will need to update your settings.

To update bring up the system info screen and then press the record button on the remote. The TV2 address will then be updated to match the remote and everything should then work.

Thanks N0QCU

Your assistance works. Now they are both set for number 1.. Is this a problem? Everything seems to work fine. When I looked at settings on tv2 said it was assigned to 6. I pushed the record button as you suggested and I had control back :)

Thanks again for your help. I had a feeling I would have spent hours on the phone fixing this problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)