522 and TV2 has no picture

arabian

Original poster
Dec 20, 2004
Hi everyone. All was working ok until early today. TV2 doesn't get a picture.... as if the receiver doesn't acknowledge it. I checked to see if the remote for TV2 was working and the receiver light lights up when i push power. TV2 just stopped getting a picture.

Any idea what this could be?

Some ideas and help would be much appreciated.

I don't know if my problem is the same but it is similar. I run the 522 in single mode. In the mornings if I use the "swap" to go to TV2 I will not get the picture and the sound will remain on TV1. I used to reboot to fix the problem but I have found by just using the remote to power off the 522 it will be fixed when I turn it back on.

Could it be that you lost the channel setting for tuner 2? I would double check it in your settings to make sure, especially if you changed it from default originally.

Welcome to my world. I have been having the same problem as well on my TV2. Sometimes the picture comes back. But each time I encounter a problem the receiver tell my that a switch problem has been detected and that it could be the connections. When I do the check switch test I get a OK,OK for both TV1 & TV2 for 110 and 119 but still no picture. Ans yes! I have checked the connections as well as removed, and switched them around. Then for some reason after doing all kind of stuff like a reboot it will come back suddenly. It's been off and on for over a week and a half now and DISH techs are not cannot help me so a 29.95 service call is in. :confused:

arabian said:
Hi everyone. All was working ok until early today. TV2 doesn't get a picture.... as if the receiver doesn't acknowledge it. I checked to see if the remote for TV2 was working and the receiver light lights up when i push power. TV2 just stopped getting a picture.

Any idea what this could be?

Some ideas and help would be much appreciated.

I have seen this many times with RCA tv's. I believe some have a problem tuning to a uhf channel such as 60 trying different channels usually doesn't help. If there is a vcr at that location tune it to the channel the tv was using usually 60 and put the tv on 3 this should work be sure to leave the vcr turned on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)